GPO won't apply to one computer

Hello All,

I setup an OU called Citrix servers with 3 Citrix servers added to the OU
Citrix1, Citrix2, Citrix3 which are all on the same subnet. I create a GPO
for the Citirx OU and it applies to all the computers just fine. I recently
added a 4th Citirx server on a different subnet and added Citrix4 to the
Citrix OU. The GPO will not apply to this 4th server.

Any ideas why the GPO works on the first 3 computers, but not the 4th?

Thanks in Advance!

It may take up to two hours for the policy to propagate to the server you move.
Running secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce or rebooting it will speed
that up. I would run gpresult on it to see if it recognizes that it is in the new OU
and what computer policies are applying to it and last time applied. Make sure that
it has proper network connectivity over the router for domain membership. Running
netdiag /v on it can help determine that by showing whether or not there are any
failed tests/errors/warnings that may be pertinent. Of course it also needs to be
correctly configured for dns in that it points to an AD domain controller running dns
for the zone as it's preferred dns servers. --- Steve

"John J. Rambone" <lgm_rambone@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I setup an OU called Citrix servers with 3 Citrix servers added to the OU
> Citrix1, Citrix2, Citrix3 which are all on the same subnet. I create a GPO
> for the Citirx OU and it applies to all the computers just fine. I recently
> added a 4th Citirx server on a different subnet and added Citrix4 to the
> Citrix OU. The GPO will not apply to this 4th server.
>
> Any ideas why the GPO works on the first 3 computers, but not the 4th?
>

> Thanks in Advance!

I found the problem. On the 4th Citrix server I needed to go into the local
computer settings gpedit.msc Local Computer Policy -> Computer
Configuration -> Administrative templates -> System -> Group Policy and
enable the loopback and set it to replace. After I did that, the server
took the OU policy.

Thank You

> It may take up to two hours for the policy to propagate to the server you
move.
> Running secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce or rebooting it
will speed
> that up. I would run gpresult on it to see if it recognizes that it is in
the new OU
> and what computer policies are applying to it and last time applied. Make
sure that
> it has proper network connectivity over the router for domain membership.
Running
> netdiag /v on it can help determine that by showing whether or not there
are any
> failed tests/errors/warnings that may be pertinent. Of course it also
needs to be
> correctly configured for dns in that it points to an AD domain controller
running dns
> for the zone as it's preferred dns servers. --- Steve
>

> "John J. Rambone" <lgm_rambone@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I setup an OU called Citrix servers with 3 Citrix servers added to the
OU
> > Citrix1, Citrix2, Citrix3 which are all on the same subnet. I create a
GPO
> > for the Citirx OU and it applies to all the computers just fine. I
recently
> > added a 4th Citirx server on a different subnet and added Citrix4 to the
> > Citrix OU. The GPO will not apply to this 4th server.
> >
> > Any ideas why the GPO works on the first 3 computers, but not the 4th?
> >

> > Thanks in Advance!

You can configure the loopback in the group policy as well rather than
configuring it on each server individually.

--
James Brandt [MSFT]