GPRS not working :(

I can't get my data connections to work anymore. Using a T39. Could
it be fido's problems? I don't think I've changed anything on my
phone.

Neither the wap nor the bluetooth-modem will work.

Anyone in Calgary using GPRS data today?

--
John Abraham

jabrahamsspam@mailinator.com (John Abraham) wrote in message news:<fe44be63.0405050450.de272b@posting.google.com>...
> I can't get my data connections to work anymore. Using a T39. Could
> it be fido's problems? I don't think I've changed anything on my
> phone.

I took the battery out and the SIM out, started it up SIMless, then
turned it off, put the SIM back in and turned it back on. Now GPRS
works, and I'm able to surf and check email wirelessly from either my
Palm T3 or my laptop.

My R520m needed to reboot once in a while to get data to work, but
taking the battery out and putting it back on always did the trick. I
never had to remove the SIM and turn it on SIMless before. Maybe the
T39m and the R520m both have a similar bug?

> Neither the wap nor the bluetooth-modem will work.

WAP still doesn't work. I get "connected", then "loading" then
timeout. A google search of the archives shows that others have had
this problem before, and no solution has been posted. But WAP isn't
that important to me. As long as I have GPRS working I'll just read
my email on my palm.

--
John Abraham
jabrahXam (at) ucalgaryX.Xca

John Abraham wrote:
> WAP still doesn't work. I get "connected", then "loading" then
> timeout.

It sometime takes time for your handset to "register" (that is what the Fido
person told me). My gut tells me it has to do with their WAP server.

In any event, usually, when it doesn't connect right away, you cancel the
request before it timeout, wait a few seconds, and try again, and then it gets through.

On my Siemens, there have been times where I could never get in, and at that
point, you need to turn off the phone completely (and for a couple minutes)
and then back on and it then works.

If this happens to users of different phones, then we'll have to conclude it
is a "feature" of the Microcell network. Hopefully, they will be able to work
that "feature" out ...