Question GPT corruption issue

Nov 7, 2022
Get following message when I start computer: "gPT corruption detected -- please check sata mode in bios setup olr use boot sector mbr/gpt recovery policy to recover gpt header. Hit F1 to run setup. "

Hitting F1 takes me into bios and if I click on boot menu (F8) and then click on windows boot manager (SATA6G_1:Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB) windows 11 loads just fine and all programs are working. So I can use like this but seems that there is a problem that really should be fixed.

Note that this happened after my motherboard (Asus Prime Z590P) died and was replaced under warranty. Put in new MB and replaced case at same time. Then after starting got the above.

What should I do?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Note that this happened after my motherboard (Asus Prime Z590P) died and was replaced under warranty
I'd advise on first checking the BIOS version for your motherboard and making sure you're on the latest version. Following that check in BIOS to see if TPM/Secure Boot is enabled.

Nov 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Note that this happened after my motherboard (Asus Prime Z590P) died and was replaced under warranty
I'd advise on first checking the BIOS version for your motherboard and making sure you're on the latest version. Following that check in BIOS to see if TPM/Secure Boot is enabled.

1601 is latest uefi bios and thought secure boot was part of uefi bios