Question GPU 0 mhz clock speed at startup

Feb 28, 2022
Hi, I have been using this for 2 weeks already and its working smooth and fine, but suddenly, 10 seconds after startup, my pc restarts. I checked the Xtreme Tuner for Galax 3080 and it shows 0 mhz. It always restarts seconds after booting up.

CPU: I7-12700
Motherboard: Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR4
Ram: XLR8 16gb
SSD/HDD: Samsung QVO 1TB 2.5 SSD
GPU: Galax 3080 SG LHR 10Gb
PSU: Gigabyte P850GM Gold 80 modular
Chassis: Deepcool Matrexx 70
Monitor: Acer predator XB241H

I have the latest drivers, and latest BIOS update for motherboard

Troubleshooting made to rule out the possible culprit of not reading the GPU:

1. Changed PSU - same problem occurs
  2. Tried using previous GPU (GTX 1070) - GPU was being read all 5 restarts, had no problem
  3. Tried reformatting SSD - same problem occurs
  4. Tried installing previous GPU drivers - same problem occurs
  5. Tried the 3080 to other PC - no problem even after several restarts, GPU was read all the time.
  6. Reset BIOS via CMOS - same problem

It is by luck that the GPU can be read after several restarts. Sometimes it works, but usually it doesn't. As of typing this, I had it by luck that this booted up reading the GPU.

Please help, I really do not know what is the problem.

PSU: tried using other PSU, didnt work. So might not be the PSU problem

GPU: tried using the 3080 to other PC, didnt have problem.

MOBO: Tried using 1070, GPU was read all the time.

If software, tried downgrading lower GPU driver versions, same result. Updated BIOS,

This is what it shows after start up when it doesnt read the GPU:
View: https://i.imgur.com/fJuZCbq.png

And this is when the GPU is read:
View: https://i.imgur.com/NRPKbIh.png

PLEASE HELP! :(

Very well could be a windows 11 issue, has there been any updates since this issue has started?

Have you tried removing the galax software to see if that is causing issues? have you tried MSI afterburn or evga precision x1 to monitor the card.

Feb 28, 2022
Very well could be a windows 11 issue, has there been any updates since this issue has started?

Have you tried removing the galax software to see if that is causing issues? have you tried MSI afterburn or evga precision x1 to monitor the card.
Apologies as I have missed telling that I also tried reformatting using Windows 10 Pro, still had the same problem. I also use the MSI afterburner as you can see in the image I posted, but unluckily, still the problem occurs.. I experienced this first yesterday, and up until now, I'm figuring out what to do next since I tried all ways possible..

Is there anything actually wrong with the GPU otherwise? Are your monitors connected to it? Does it perform as expected? If the answers are no, yes, and yes, then there's a problem with the software, not the hardware. MSI Afterburner seems to report things just fine. You could also use something like GPU-z or HWiNFO as well.

Feb 28, 2022
Is there anything actually wrong with the GPU otherwise? Are your monitors connected to it? Does it perform as expected? If the answers are no, yes, and yes, then there's a problem with the software, not the hardware. MSI Afterburner seems to report things just fine. You could also use something like GPU-z or HWiNFO as well.
I have GPUz installed. And yes.. after trying all those troubleshooting, might be software. But I really don't get it why is it so sudden, and can't pinpoint what exact software do I need to update/remove/install new. Up until now, I just restarted, didn't read the GPU. restarts after restarts, it reads the GPU. Ill screenshot the GPU-z info regarding sensor when it does not read the GPU. Ill restart now.

Feb 28, 2022
Feb 28, 2022
Need help :( because I dont know what part to have it under warranty... I have tried all that I can think of.. I tried again formatting to windows 10, fresh install. I only installed GPUz. It is reading the GPU. After restart, it doesn't read again.... 0mhz again.. So without installing any software.. problem still occurs so it might not be software issue...