[SOLVED] GPU 100% utilization

Dangiurus

Commendable
Aug 22, 2019
Hi guys. I have a RTX 2080 super and i downloaded a program to see the temperatures in my computer. And I see that it says my GPU is staying in 100% utilization and it's staying in 55-59 C degrees in idle. And for some reason , it has 3 fans and none of them are turning on??? I'll post some pictures. I hope you guys can help me. I'm just wondering that I don't have some bitcoin viruses or something.
View: https://imgur.com/go3TmfF

Solution
I have found out why my GPU was at 100% , it was an app designed to stress my GPU. But I have another problem. My GPU is starting it’s fans about 59C so I downloaded MSI afterburner. I ser the fans to about 15% till it geta to 40C. So now it stays cool. My question is , the fans spinnabout 700-1000 rpm but for a very short amount of time , I think to compensate for that 15% . So , ain’t a problem if my fans keep turn on and off in that short amount of time ?
No,if they can be programmed to do so,the its fine for them.They cant harm themselves is what im trying to say
What model is your 2080 super?
Some GPU's dont turn their fan's until they reach a certain temperature.
But still 59C,i think the fans should turn on.
Im not 100% sure since i've set my fan curve to always be at 50% about a year ago so i've kinda forgotten when my card turns its fans on.
What are the temps in gaming?
Is the usage constantly 100% on idle,or just for a few seconds?
You can get a virus only by downloading suspicious stuff,and im sure windows antivirus would detect it.

Dangiurus

Commendable
Aug 22, 2019
What model is your 2080 super?
Some GPU's dont turn their fan's until they reach a certain temperature.
But still 59C,i think the fans should turn on.
Im not 100% sure since i've set my fan curve to always be at 50% about a year ago so i've kinda forgotten when my card turns its fans on.
What are the temps in gaming?
Is the usage constantly 100% on idle,or just for a few seconds?
You can get a virus only by downloading suspicious stuff,and im sure windows antivirus would detect it.
It's a gigabyte 2080s OC

Dangiurus

Commendable
Aug 22, 2019
I have found out why my GPU was at 100% , it was an app designed to stress my GPU. But I have another problem. My GPU is starting it’s fans about 59C so I downloaded MSI afterburner. I ser the fans to about 15% till it geta to 40C. So now it stays cool. My question is , the fans spinnabout 700-1000 rpm but for a very short amount of time , I think to compensate for that 15% . So , ain’t a problem if my fans keep turn on and off in that short amount of time ?

No,if they can be programmed to do so,the its fine for them.They cant harm themselves is what im trying to say

Reactions: Dangiurus
Solution