Question GPU 1050 ti crashing under load

Sep 28, 2019
Hi all,

I have a big problem with mu GL553VE laptop, I bought it in april 2018 so it's fairly new.
Here is the problem: When the GPU (1050 Ti) is under load (working with MAYA or testing with Furmark for example) and reaching around 72-75 degrees the computer crash and I get the BSOD. When reaching around 72 degrees first the desktop background image disappears and then after about 5 more seconds the computer crashes.
I don't get any details in the event viewer about the crash though.
I don't think this is an overheating problem as I have cleaned the fan and applied new thermal paste on the GPU, before I give up on this computer I would like to be sure it's a hardware problem.

Here is what I have done so far in trying to solve this:
New thermal paste and cleaning
Reinstalling windows 10 Home (2 times, first with the asus version then with a "clean" windows 10 version)
Updating all drivers (not just Nvidia)
Updating Bios (version 308)
Testing RAM (no errors)
Setting the Nvidia global to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Could this be a power related issue? It seems as when reaching a certain point undel load something is triggered and it conflicts badly causing the BSOD.

Computer specs:
Windows 10 home
Intel core i7-7700 2.80Ghz, 2808 Mhz 4 core
RAM 16Gb
Nvidia Geforce 1050Ti

Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Did the laptop come with 16GB of ram or did you add a second 8GB stick of ram to get to 16GB? If so, what are the makes and model of both sticks of ram? Which drivers have you tried thus far? You might want to try out older drivers from Nvidia's support site.

You should ideally install all drivers starting from chipset to your graphics card, manually. By clean i'm assuming you mean creating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Sep 28, 2019
Hi, thank you very much for the reply!
Yes I added another 8Gb Ram when I bought the laptop,I'm attaching screenshots of the modules below.
I have tried different versions of Nvidia drivers, even going back to a version from when I bought the laptop last year.

As for the other drivers I used driver booster to find newer versions for the chipset etc, I did not however start from the chipset if I remember correctly (I did the reinstall of windows numerous times), could that have such a big effect on the GPU?

Yes I did a bootable installer with windows media creation tool.

slot_1.jpg

slot_3.jpg