Question GPU 1050ti

Mar 25, 2021
I bought a 2nd hand i5 3570 lga 1155, installed new windows 10 after that, i put my gpu, installed the drivers but when i connect thru the hdmi or port, it stay on black screen with _ like that on top. Before i changed to i5, the gpu is working on my old mobo and processor, i even played nickelodeon kart racing. What is the problem is it the way i installed it or gpu is dead, or something is wrong with bios not being updated or etc? I dont know how to put pictures here so i cant provide. Sorry.

stanley88845

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
First thing you need to do is this:

You are using your old gpu that was working beforehand so I am 95% sure that is not the problem. What you need to do it take out the gpu and try booting up the system, obviously you'll need to plug your hdmi cable in to the back of the motherboard. If it still doesn't boot, take the cpu out of the socket and check all the socket pins and the pads on the bottom of the cpu. If anything is obviously wrong, we have our problem. If everything looks fine, just try reseating it all and booting up again.

I bought a 2nd hand i5 3570 lga 1155, installed new windows 10 after that, i put my gpu, installed the drivers but when i connect thru the hdmi or port, it stay on black screen with _ like that on top. Before i changed to i5, the gpu is working on my old mobo and processor, i even played nickelodeon kart racing. What is the problem is it the way i installed it or gpu is dead, or something is wrong with bios not being updated or etc? I dont know how to put pictures here so i cant provide. Sorry.
What motherboard do you have? Are you sure it supports the new CPU?

Mar 25, 2021
I should have been more clear. If he had a Sandy Bridge CPU prior, he may need a bios update for the board to support the Ivy Bridge CPU.
Hi, my motherboard is foxconn h61mx v2.0 i bought it with bundle of i5 3570, never tried to update the bios yet because i dont know how.

Mar 25, 2021
If it is an lga 1155 socket as he said, the i5 3570 is compatible.
https://ibb.co/QMtq5j8

thats the display i get. trying to fix it for 3 nights with no success.

So here's what happened, after formatting the hdd for the i5 lga 1155, at first, gpu is inserted but when i download and install geforce experience it says no hardware detected something like that then after some google, i can install the drivers now but after installing, when i try to put the monitor to gpu instead of monitor to mobo, black screen with _ is what only appeared

Mar 25, 2021
If it was bought as a bundle, the bios should be the right version for this cpu. Are you going try what I said earlier?
i cant try it yet because my tv (monitor what i said) can only be connected through hdmi of gpu. i ordered monitor with vga connection to try that later on. i might be here again after some time to ask questions. i am asking you guys to be understanding, i am really in tight budget since pandemic thats why i can only buy one at a time.

tomorrow i will go to my friend's house with the gpu to try it on his own computer to know wether it is dead or not.

stanley88845

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
i cant try it yet because my tv (monitor what i said) can only be connected through hdmi of gpu. i ordered monitor with vga connection to try that later on. i might be here again after some time to ask questions. i am asking you guys to be understanding, i am really in tight budget since pandemic thats why i can only buy one at a time.

tomorrow i will go to my friend's house with the gpu to try it on his own computer to know wether it is dead or not.
It's no problem! Please do keep us updated

Mar 25, 2021
It's no problem! Please do keep us updated

Here's new. Okay so i formatted my pc back to zero. After formatting, updates all the driver. After that, i try to install geforce experience but then it says cannot find compatible graphic hardware.

So i tried few things from net. there's no 1050ti from display adapter from device manager. Command prompt disabled pciexpress. Boot from safe mode did not work tho. Disbaled something from recovery advance option startup tool i guess then number 7 something like disable also. Nothing works from them. I cannot find chipset on bios. I dont know how to update bios.

Btw i cant upload the pic for motherboard so here it is : foxconn, h61mxv/h61mxv-LE/h67mxv, to be filled by oem (serial), fab 1.0 version

Is my gpu slot dead? Anyway before i formatted the pc. I used driver booster and it says updated gpu then there's a note "Faulty".