[SOLVED] GPU 1660ti XC Ultra

Aug 14, 2019
I bought a 1660ti and as I was placing it onto motherboard i noticed that the thin metal parts were facing a different direction. Are they important or are they just heat ports to provide ventilation? Im new to pc building so i need some help.

Solution
Hey man,

I'm assuming you mean the metal (silver colored) parts in the right of the picture? They're on the left in this picture:

dabg4sgjohw01.jpg

For simplicity I've chosen an EVGA card, maybe that makes orienting it easier.

As long as you insert your card upright (so that the EVGA GEFORCE GTX is readable), the holes I've circled in red below are mounting holes for the screws you can see in the picture above.

JxFYQD0.jpg

If this doesn't help you enough, let me know!
Aug 14, 2019
I bought a 1660ti and as I was placing it onto motherboard i noticed that the thin metal parts were facing a different direction. Are they important or are they just heat ports to provide ventilation? Im new to pc building so i need some help.
I'm not sure what you mean. Is there a picture you can provide? If you need an uploading page, use www.imgur.com or something similar.
https://images.app.goo.gl/XUao8rjGKZiwnoMV7 thats not the exact gpu but im talking about the thin metal parts

Hey man,

I'm assuming you mean the metal (silver colored) parts in the right of the picture? They're on the left in this picture:

dabg4sgjohw01.jpg

For simplicity I've chosen an EVGA card, maybe that makes orienting it easier.

As long as you insert your card upright (so that the EVGA GEFORCE GTX is readable), the holes I've circled in red below are mounting holes for the screws you can see in the picture above.

JxFYQD0.jpg

If this doesn't help you enough, let me know!

Solution