[SOLVED] GPU 70% Stuck.

Jul 21, 2019
So my GTX 1080 is like 70% Stuck into the PCIe slot. like the 30% on the left side (Where the DP/HDMI etc is located aswell) is moving a bit free and then right side is just inside the slot i tried pulling the lever down with extra-ordinary forces but no succes also tried different techniques like Pull it down/up/in/outside while pulling/pushing the lever ( So basically everything possible) but no luck what now.

Some people called break that lever but i have no idea how.

Solution
So my GTX 1080 is like 70% Stuck into the PCIe slot. like the 30% on the left side (Where the DP/HDMI etc is located aswell) is moving a bit free and then right side is just inside the slot i tried pulling the lever down with extra-ordinary forces but no succes also tried different techniques like Pull it down/up/in/outside while pulling/pushing the lever ( So basically everything possible) but no luck what now.

I had this problem the other day. It required a friend to help me get it out. He pushed down as hard as he could on the lever, and I pulled and wiggled a little on the graphics card. Don't wiggle it enough to bend anything, just a little shimmy shimmy.

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019

Can you post a picture?
Motherboard and Graphics Card Model?

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015

I had this problem the other day. It required a friend to help me get it out. He pushed down as hard as he could on the lever, and I pulled and wiggled a little on the graphics card. Don't wiggle it enough to bend anything, just a little shimmy shimmy.

Reactions: sk123g
Solution

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Yeh bro i did what u said and its came off and i placed it in succesfully this time altough i just noticed this will this be a problem

Model gtx 1080 : https://prnt.sc/oio4z4
Do you think this will be a issue

Is that a broken pin there second from the end? Is that why you circled it? Edit: I see that 1/2 pin second to the end on an ASUS card publicity shot so I'm going to assume that is normal....

Last edited:
Reactions: sk123g
Jul 21, 2019
Is that a broken pin there second from the end? Is that why you circled it? Edit: I see that 1/2 pin second to the end on an ASUS card publicity shot so I'm going to assume that is normal....
Yup thats true! thanks for searching it out (Not gonna lie with the first sentence i really thought you were trying to mock me off for having such a simplified/too obvious picture with the typical red circling :D it sounded like sarcastic)

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Yup thats true! thanks for searching it out (Not gonna lie with the first sentence i really thought you were trying to mock me off for having such a simplified/too obvious picture with the typical red circling :D it sounded like sarcastic)

I think a card sticking this badly is a serious problem. I will make the point however that when I'm pulling stuff out (RAM, PCIe, if it goes up too far on one side I'm assuming it is catching on something on the other side so I try to get it all lined up for "straight up and out" or "straight down and in." It is true that one needs to rock the card or RAM sometimes a bit.

I find it very difficult to depress the lever under a big card and typically use a philips to do that.

I have heard that WD40 is not electrically conductive I would be tempted to find out if that is true and whether taking a cotton swap soaked in wd40 would help in a situation like this. Could be a nightmare though one of those things you read on the internet and it screws up everything. The picture shows a lot of dust around the PCIe slot so clearly the component is stressed.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Sorry dont understand what you are trying to transfer to me about the dust ye youre right tried to clean it afterwards with air compressors if that gives an answer?

Oh edit: I think its personal experience im sorry yes im agreeing these levers are really annoying

Yeah I would suggest you blow off that mobo to get that dust out. I use a small vacuum cleaner in reverse "blow" hookup.

Because I worry about everything, I worry about stressing a card too much in these kinds of scenarios, but I don't see what choice you had.

Greg N

TRENDING THREADS