Thomasww615

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
Hi all,

So recently I upgraded my graphics driver from 461.40 to 461.72 through Geforce experience and afterwards noticed that if i adjusted anything in MSI afterburner even just the fan speed it would go to a black screen and only come back once I had unplugged and reconnected my HDMI cable. I also noticed that GPU-Z stopped reporting my wattage and said the TDP was at 0% even under load. I reinstalled the previous driver (461.40) and everything started to work fine again. Now that 461.92 has released I have since upgraded to that but the problems started again and now going back to 461.40 still causes the same issues. I don't think its a hardware level issue as my gpu works fine under load and in games and worked when i rolled back the driver the first time.

Can anyome give me any advice on what I can do to fix the afterburner and gpu-z issues?

My card is a Gigabyte RTX 2070 super.

Thanks,
Tom

Solution
Okay after a few more hours of troubleshooting, I've found a fix although its very sketchy. So I installed another graphics card from another rig into my system (GTX 1050) and installed the 461.92 drivers and after verifying everything worked with the 1050 I pulled it out and put back in my 2070 super and after installing the 461.92 drivers again it just magically worked and everything is reporting fine and I can change settings in Afterbuner.

Thomasww615

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
Okay after a few more hours of troubleshooting, I've found a fix although its very sketchy. So I installed another graphics card from another rig into my system (GTX 1050) and installed the 461.92 drivers and after verifying everything worked with the 1050 I pulled it out and put back in my 2070 super and after installing the 461.92 drivers again it just magically worked and everything is reporting fine and I can change settings in Afterbuner.

Solution