Question Gpu acting weird

Jun 28, 2019
I have tried creating so many forums on this gpu but no one could help. Every game I get into has a max of like 150-240 FPS but keeps dropping down to 10-15 for a split second. Also, in Minecraft if I’m above ground I run like 60-100 FPS, but if I’m underground it goes up to 600 with a low of 15. The gpu is a rtx 2070, cpu i5 8400, 16gb ram and 850 watt Corsair psu. Please help me someone. Idk the make and model for psu.

Jun 28, 2019
This is important. Try get grab some info on your current PSU. Afterwards, we will start troubleshooting your issue. Have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers ?

Is the GPU or the CPU overherating, when you play games, throttling down ? Monitor the GPU and CPU load/usage each time you play any game.
Where can I find the make and model numbers?

Jun 28, 2019
This is important. Try get grab some info on your current PSU. Afterwards, we will start troubleshooting your issue. Have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers ?

Is the GPU or the CPU overherating, when you play games, throttling down ? Monitor the GPU and CPU load/usage each time you play any game.
Also, no overheating and 60% cpu and 90-100% gpu

Is this the reason I have the FPS drops?

NO. Like I mentioned above, that's a high quality PSU. Though, even good quality PSUs can also fail, but I doubt your PSU is the culprit here. That's a very good PSU. How OLD is it, by the way ?

Which Operating system are you using ? Windows 10 OS ? Are you on a fresh and a clean Windows OS install ? Have you scanned your PC for any Malware, or Virus as well ? Make sure no other background process/program is running, when you play Games.

How does the PC behave in normal desktop Mode, e.g. when you browse the Internet, do some light work on your PC (not gaming) ? Can you check the GPU on some other PC, having a different PSU ?

Every game I get into has a max of like 150-240 FPS but keeps dropping down to 10-15 for a split second.

What all games have you tried playing ? List the names. Have you tried forcing VSYNC via Nvidia Control Panel, to lock the frame rate/FPS ? Have you tried re-installing those games as well ?

I suspect Windows 10 OS might also be the culprit, since most of the recent updates and patches have been creating a lot of issues on many systems, though NOT everyone is affected.

Jun 28, 2019
NO. Like I mentioned above, that's a high quality PSU. Though, even good quality PSUs can also fail, but I doubt your PSU is the culprit here. That's a very good PSU. How OLD is it, by the way ?

Which Operating system are you using ? Windows 10 OS ? Are you on a fresh and a clean Windows OS install ? Have you scanned your PC for any Malware, or Virus as well ? Make sure no other background process/program is running, when you play Games.

How does the PC behave in normal desktop Mode, e.g. when you browse the Internet, do some light work on your PC (not gaming) ? Can you check the GPU on some other PC, having a different PSU ?

What all games have you tried playing ? List the names. Have you tried forcing VSYNC via Nvidia Control Panel, to lock the frame rate/FPS ? Have you tried re-installing those games as well ?

I suspect Windows 10 OS might also be the culprit, since most of the recent updates and patches have been creating a lot of issues on many systems, though NOT everyone is affected.
I’m running windows 10. I’m thinking it might be cpu related though. The cpu is probably bottlenecking the gpu