[SOLVED] Gpu advice/ recommendations

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
So just finished doing my budget build never gamed on pc and with an interest in sim games pc seems to be the place so wanted to get a half decent budget build which could runs games at a decent level.

So my build consists of

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600
MB: ASROCK B450M PRO 4
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 8GB (EVENTUALLY GOING TO STICK ANOTHER 8GN IN)
STORAGE: 120GB SSD+ 500GB HDD (GOING TO UPGRADE TO A 1TB HDD)
PSU: CORSAIR CV550

then I've got a gtx 710 in it just so I can use it as a desktop at the moment till I get a proper gpu

But I'm torn to which gpu to get not wanting to spend stupid money as it is meant to be a budget build so far I have been looking at the rx580 and rx 570 are they good options and is there anything else out there people could recommend

Cheers

Solution
RX580 is an older gen card that is relatively power hungry.
It was extensively used for mining so I would be wary about buying one used.
If this is for sims, your performance os more related to cpu single thread performance and not so much for fast action graphics.
You might find a older GTX1050ti which is almost as fast as a GTX1650 for not much.

You may not be able to successfully "stick" another ram stick in.
Ram must be matched and compatibility is not guaranteed outside of a single kit.
Plan on using a 2 x 8gb kit and sell the old ram.

120gb is not very good for a windows C drive.
Many things default to the C drive.
When a ssd fills up, it will lose performance and endurance.

If you can, consider a 1tb ssd and relegating the HDD...
Aug 4, 2019
yes definitely

if you dont want to go over the price of the 580 then go with the 1650 super. lower price, better performance.

If youre willing to go a little above the price of 580, then go with the 1660 super.

1660 super: 230-240$
1650 super: 160-170$

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Cheers

I will probably been getting one used so having a look on ebay the 1650 is going for around £150-180 and the 1660 around £200

Where as my friend who is building the exact same.build as me at the same time has just picked up a rx580 this morning on ebay for £108

Is the rx580 a good card

RX580 is an older gen card that is relatively power hungry.
It was extensively used for mining so I would be wary about buying one used.
If this is for sims, your performance os more related to cpu single thread performance and not so much for fast action graphics.
You might find a older GTX1050ti which is almost as fast as a GTX1650 for not much.

You may not be able to successfully "stick" another ram stick in.
Ram must be matched and compatibility is not guaranteed outside of a single kit.
Plan on using a 2 x 8gb kit and sell the old ram.

120gb is not very good for a windows C drive.
Many things default to the C drive.
When a ssd fills up, it will lose performance and endurance.

If you can, consider a 1tb ssd and relegating the HDD to external backup.
You need external backup if there is anything you do not want to lose.

Solution

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Hi

I wasnt aware about the ram new to all this I was just going to buy the same ram I have for the first 8gb

In terms of games I mostly will play sim games but will also want to play titles such as gta most likely

As for the ssd I was just planning on having only th os on the ssd which other programs are you saying will want to be on c drive

Thanks

The only negative to a ssd is the cost per gigabyte.
If you can afford it, everything you put on a ssd will run better.
Today, ssd prices are down. consider using only a ssd for anything you actively use.
A HDD is good for bulk sequential data like video files.

TRENDING THREADS