Question GPU and cpu fans not spinning, motherboard doesn't light if GPU is plugged in.

Jun 20, 2019
Specs:
CPU: Intel i3 - 6100
GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 750 ti
PSU: Stock 450 watts (Unbranded)

MoBo: Gigabyte h110m-ds2

I've tried cleaning the board, because I spilled some coffee on my desk and it managed to break in my cpu and when that happened, my screen blacked out so I quickly turned it off and dried it off, I didn't use it for a week. But after that it acted weirdly. It randomly reboots, freezes and display artifacts until it reached what it is right now.

Need some help guys as I use this for school and I'm not that blessed to have much money to upgrade as I am a student.

I'm currently using it right now with integrated graphics, it only doesn't work if the gpu is plugged in
Ah OK.
Then I am thinking the coffee caused a short in the GPU and there is something wrong with only the GPU.

I think that if you try that GPU in another system....it will probably give you problems.

Although I don't recommend this....as I think you risk damaging the motherboard....because if the shorted GPU draws too much current though the motherboard....it can damage the motherboard.

Jun 20, 2019
Ah OK.
Then I am thinking the coffee caused a short in the GPU and there is something wrong with only the GPU.

I think that if you try that GPU in another system....it will probably give you problems.

Although I don't recommend this....as I think you risk damaging the motherboard....because if the shorted GPU draws too much current though the motherboard....it can damage the motherboard.
So I need to upgrade or replace my GPU I guess?

May 30, 2019
Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to borrow their pc's and try it on their system.
So I need to upgrade or replace my GPU I guess?
Ah OK.

As jay32267 say, i highly romended that you need to check your GPU first at some computer store/service, let them check it for you, that's the only way to make sure whats step you have to do next, if the GPU is faulty then you can just replace the GPU.

Just an extra advice, in my experience, i never see a motherboard that can POST or maybe turn on with faulty hardware or faulty motherboard slot/socket, so i guess your motherboard is fine and your GPU is faulty.

Jun 20, 2019
As jay32267 say, i highly romended that you need to check your GPU first at some computer store/service, let them check it for you, that's the only way to make sure whats step you have to do next, if the GPU is faulty then you can just replace the GPU.

Just an extra advice, in my experience, i never see a motherboard that can POST or maybe turn on with faulty hardware or faulty motherboard slot/socket, so i guess your motherboard is fine and your GPU is faulty.
Thanks for the answers! I highly appreciate them. I'll be going to a computer service store if I have my time and money lol