GPU and CPU MAXING OUT!

lordgaming

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
i bought assassin's creed recently and i checked my task manager and saw that my cpu and gpu are maxing out at 90-99% and i was thinking its bad so i went here to ask!
any help would be appriecated

specs
CPU:Intel i5-7500 3.40 GH
RAM:16.0
GPU:Nivida Geforce gtx 1050 Ti

Solution
Unfortunately, 100% CPU usage (at least) is a pretty common complaint with the title.
As far as I can tell, it's a result of the DRM-enforcement used (Denuvo) which is a substantial resource hog.

I would expect a patch to release to lighten the load somewhat but, right now, it doesn't appear to be a problem with your system exclusively.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Unfortunately, 100% CPU usage (at least) is a pretty common complaint with the title.
As far as I can tell, it's a result of the DRM-enforcement used (Denuvo) which is a substantial resource hog.

I would expect a patch to release to lighten the load somewhat but, right now, it doesn't appear to be a problem with your system exclusively.

Solution

lordgaming

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

so your saying i am not ruining my system and it is fine if i keep playing the game for hours a day and i know you already told me my system is fine i just wanna make sure everything is fine i would like confirmation haha but thx for answering :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yes, that's what I'm telling you.

100% CPU and GPU utilization is not, in & of itself, a problem - provided temperatures are kept in check.

Unfortunately, 100% usage may result in some stuttering here & there, but that's not specific to your system - there are people with more powerful systems experiencing the same problem(s) due to the continued use of Denuvo.

With any luck, the next patch to release should reduce some of the impact.

lordgaming

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

thank you very much your a very kind a person :)