Question GPU and CPU Only Used Under 20% During Gaming

Jul 6, 2019
Hey, ever since I purchased my GPU during X-Mas of 2019 it have been getting very low FPS in games and I thought this could be a CPU bottleneck or some other issue until I looked at the GPU and CPU usage. Both GPU and CPU usage are running at below 20% use in most video-games and Minecraft runs at below 144 FPS sometimes (1.15.2 Java)! Rust also really under-performed! Also, I tried an experiment with the video-game Krunker.io on 3 monitors on google and I reached my highest ever seen GPU usage... only 30% when trying to run it on 3 monitors! I am aiming for 99% usage and I'm really angry with my computer and my CPU is staying low tied to my GPU! Below I have a list of further specifications of my computer!

Specifications and Info:
GPU:
MSI RTX 2070 Super (Bought During Christmas of 2019)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x (Bought some time during 2019)
SSD: 500GB
HDD: 2TB
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (Link provided may not be the exact model it could be this)
RAM: 16GB 3200mhz Corsair RGB Ram
PSU: Corsair RM 650x
Bios Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1003, 10/29/2018

I have tried a few fixes but none of them have worked and I'd like some more guidance on the topic. I think that this is some sort of software or driver issue but I don't know how to overcome it and if you think that it could be something else please tell me!

I am awaiting responses from you kind people of these forums and If you have any questions about specifications or anything else I am happy and willing to answer!

Edit: Caps at 43%.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020
I’m gonna guess that it’s quite possibly a cpu bottleneck you may not be seeing high % of usage because it’s not utilizing all cores but if you use some sort of resource monitor to check each cores usage individually you’ll be seeing a much higher usage , your cpu model is 100% bottlenecking a 2070 super

May 3, 2020
Another thing I would suggest is double check that your ram is installed in the correct slots if you have four slots they should be installed in the 2nd and 4th slots