[SOLVED] Gpu And Cpu Usage Only at 20-70% At Some games

Jan 31, 2021
I have an MSI Laptop with the following
GTX 1660TI
I7-8750H
8gb RAM

My benchmark is smooth using 100% usage but at games like bf5 im only getting stable 60+ fps at low latency setting. at higher setting. it only use about 50% cpu and gpu. my Temps is at a low between 60-70.C

not only BF5, Star Wars Battlefront 2 too has that problem even though the last month i played it its smooth as butter.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What application did you use to benchmark the laptop? You might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Speaking of laptop, model for your MSI laptop? You will also need to make sure you're on the latest OS version(20H2 for Windows 10) and then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. You can then source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What application did you use to benchmark the laptop? You might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Speaking of laptop, model for your MSI laptop? You will also need to make sure you're on the latest OS version(20H2 for Windows 10) and then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. You can then source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution