[SOLVED] GPU and FAN speed problems

m-s-s--2009

Reputable
Dec 29, 2017
I just build a new pc and i have few problems
i have a cpu cooler : NZXT kraken x53 and the fans are too fast and noisy
the second problem is associated with the gpu RTX 3070 GIGABYTE auros especially when i run CALL OF DUTY :MODREN WARFARE my gpu usage is 0%
and there is something called NIVIDIA container uses about 10% (other games work fine)

Solution
The instructions for that AIO system are not as clear as they should be regarding the rad fans. From your last post it appears you have done the connections correctly for the cables from the pump. However, please tell us the maker and exact model of your mobo, so we can advise the exact places to plug in the pump tach cable and your rad fans.

Basically, the design is intended to have the RAD FANS connected to the mobo CPU_FAN header so that it can carry out its normal function of cotrolling CPU chip cooling by adjusting the fan speeds, according to the temp sensor inside the CPU chip. But this can make it tricky to figure where to connect the PUMP speed signal 3-pin female connector. That's where mobo detail would help.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
For NZXT

Have you installed the NZXT CAMS software? It should enable you to control the Kraken and fans. If running you can see it in the lower right of the taskbar in the hidden icons.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The instructions for that AIO system are not as clear as they should be regarding the rad fans. From your last post it appears you have done the connections correctly for the cables from the pump. However, please tell us the maker and exact model of your mobo, so we can advise the exact places to plug in the pump tach cable and your rad fans.

Basically, the design is intended to have the RAD FANS connected to the mobo CPU_FAN header so that it can carry out its normal function of cotrolling CPU chip cooling by adjusting the fan speeds, according to the temp sensor inside the CPU chip. But this can make it tricky to figure where to connect the PUMP speed signal 3-pin female connector. That's where mobo detail would help.

Reactions: Adam0ne
Solution

m-s-s--2009

Reputable
Dec 29, 2017

Actually it turns out that the noise are coming from the fan at the back of the case i tried to slow it down from the BIOS, i can see the fan and its speed but i can't control it.
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z-390 GAMING PLUS (WI-FI)

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check two items for that.

1. Your mobo has two CHA_FAN headers, one near mid-board towards the back right below a VERY similar header labelled AIO_PUMP. It is VERY likely that the one for the AIO_PUMP does NOT control fan speed - only runs its fan full speed all the time. That is what a PUMP is supposed to do, but not a fan. So IF your rear fan is plugged into that, change it to CHA_FAN header.

2. The other CHA_FAN header is near bottom front of the board. IF the rear fan is plugged into one of the CHA_FAN headers, look carefully at the wires from it. If it has THREE wires and ends in a female connector with THREE holes, then you need to make an adjustment in BIOS Setup for the particular header it uses. See your manual p.3-7. For that header at upper right, set it to use DC Mode for a 3-pin fan, not PWM Mode.