[SOLVED] GPU and maybe MOBO coil whine Help me pls

Jan 8, 2021
Hi, first of all thank you for reading this

Today i start hearing coil whine on my gpu but also i hear it in the 8 pin cpu area i hear it on windows 10 idle and when gaming it intensiefies turning on vsync it dosen't help

My PC:
Ryzen 9 5950x
X570 Aorus Master Last BIOS Update
G. Skill TridentZ Neo 32GB 3600Mhz
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC
Abysm Morpheo 850w Plus Gold

I don't know what to do, in the video i only record the gpu but as i say i also hear it in the cpu conector area ¿maybe is fault of the psu?

Thanks

Link to the video

Solution
Is the coil whine is getting worse or the intensity is going down. Many times coil whine disappears over time.
It could be the PSU, GPU or motherboard VRMs.
When several devices have the same issue it is usually cause by the PSU.
Try connecting the computer to a diferente outlet or power strip.
Swapping out the offending component is the fastest way of getting s rid of coil whine.
Is the coil whine is getting worse or the intensity is going down. Many times coil whine disappears over time.
Swapping out the offending component is the fastest way of getting s rid of coil whine.

Solution
Jan 8, 2021

I have recorded it while playing RDR2, about 1 week ago I do not remember hearing the whine coil on the gpu but the one on the mobo, in the vrm area.

I have ordered another PSU, I hope that solves it, I do not mind having a bit of coil whine, the vrm does not bother me, but the gpu does

Jan 8, 2021
One question, Can it be the PSU even if i don't hear coil whine in it?