GPU and Motherboard Compatibility

sarahestill

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
I have a asus geforce 3g gtx 1060 GPU with the 970 pro gaming aura MB. i cannot get a BIOS screen nor beeps, i suspect it has something to do with the GPU but can't confirm that, this is my first build so just incase its a varible my PSU is a 8350 AMD FX. I've gone through a cables checklist, taken out the motherboard battery, removed and replaced ram in the same slots. Can anyone point me in the right direction maybe?

Solution
Just to confirm, you do have a PCI-E power cable from the power supply to the graphics card? If so, my next recommendation would be to try the card in another computer (say a friend's computer) and try another card (also from a friend) in your computer.

There isn't any compatibility issue between the motherboard and the graphics card.

-Wolf sends

sarahestill

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

yes its 750 watt and it was yes. ive just moved it to the bottom one to see temporarily

Wolfshadw

Titan
Just to confirm, you do have a PCI-E power cable from the power supply to the graphics card? If so, my next recommendation would be to try the card in another computer (say a friend's computer) and try another card (also from a friend) in your computer.

There isn't any compatibility issue between the motherboard and the graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Solution

sarahestill

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

everything in the computer GPU and MB seem to be running smoothly it is plugged in. yes i will have someone who builds look at it. ive been scratching my head for a couple days. thanks for your input :)