[SOLVED] GPU artifacting even after replacement

memeleek

Prominent
Dec 3, 2020
So about 3 weeks ago now I got a new GPU (6700xt) and a few days ago it started artifacting with horizontal lines of green dots appearing one monitor at a time. I returned that graphics card and got a new one but it is now artifacting again. The artificating usually starts when I close a game or change fullscreen/windowed on a game, I have tried updating my drivers, fully powered off my computer, and scanned for viruses but nothing seems to have helped. If anyone has any idea what is causing this it would be much appreciated. (none of my temps are too high either my CPU is around 55 and my GPU is around 50)

My specs are
ryzen 5 3600
Rx 6700 xt
32GB 3200mhz
aorus b550 motherboard PCIe 3.0
4 monitors two 1080p 60hz , one 1440p 165hz, and one 4k 60z

Solution
okay, a couple things...
this seems like its the system ram,
try each stick in each slot and go from there, surely you can just keep trying
secondly, new card, its possible;e I doubt its the same issue with two cards, but it could be
do you have another pcie slot... try it if you do
replace the cable
try another monitor
reinstall windows.. you should have done this before the card was replaced but I figured I had better mention it.. maybe ddu was done?
next try another motherboard.

every time you replace the motherboard you Need to reinstall windows

I still think it's your system ram

hope something helps
I found the solution to my problem but it wasn't anything you listed or even anything I would have thought of turns out it...
okay, a couple things...
secondly, new card, its possible;e I doubt its the same issue with two cards, but it could be
replace the cable
try another monitor
reinstall windows.. you should have done this before the card was replaced but I figured I had better mention it.. maybe ddu was done?

hope something helps

memeleek

Prominent
Dec 3, 2020
okay, a couple things...
replace the cable
try another monitor

hope something helps
I found the solution to my problem but it wasn't anything you listed or even anything I would have thought of turns out it was my monitor, apparently, when I click the power button on my monitor it only goes into "sleep mode" so after about 2 years of it only going into "sleep mode" I guess it ran into an error of some kind (idk) and all I had to do was unplug and replug in my monitor to fully turn it off then the artifacting just went away. I haven't done extensive testing yet but even after a long gaming session and a few benchmarks while a video is playing it seems to be fine.

(thanks so much for the recommendations because it lead to me discovering the issue)

Reactions: spentshells
Solution
I found the solution to my problem but it wasn't anything you listed or even anything I would have thought of turns out it was my monitor, apparently, when I click the power button on my monitor it only goes into "sleep mode" so after about 2 years of it only going into "sleep mode" I guess it ran into an error of some kind (idk) and all I had to do was unplug and replug in my monitor to fully turn it off then the artifacting just went away. I haven't done extensive testing yet but even after a long gaming session and a few benchmarks while a video is playing it seems to be fine.

(thanks so much for the recommendations because it lead to me discovering the issue)
yo im glad you found it!

look to the bottom of my post.