[SOLVED] GPU Artifacting - Explanation !?

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
CPU-Ryzen 5 3600
GPU- MSI GAMING X Nvidia 1660
Mobo AsRock B450 Fatality Gaming K4
PSU- Seasonic Core Gold 500W

Hello guys, last night when i was playing AC Valhalla i got a texture that was following the main character - glitching/geometry or whatever it is called BUT only in that game and ONLY in one area on the map. So i want to know what EXACTLY is ARTIFACTING ?
The thing that happened is similar to this but i have ground texture attaching to the character and bugging out glitching following me
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8ZXYFQtDs

PS: After that i left that area in the game and no more texture glitching artifacting or whatever it is called everything was fine but i wasn't in peace and decided to try FURMARK even tho they say its dangerous - and after the benchmark and STRESS BURN IN or whatever it is called - NO ARTIFACTING or weird texture geometry. ?

SO is it the game or the drivers cuz of the new DLC/Update to the game ? It happened only in that area and only once - when i again tried to replicate it it didnt happen again on the same place after an hour when i decided to go back there to see if i can make it happen again.

Again after FURMARK for 5 min ZERO ARTIFACTS AND GLITCHES ? Is it the game ?

GPU temps gaming Valhalla MAX - 68C
Furmark Max - 74C

Solution
It's still game engine dependant. If it's not constantly happening during your whole playthrough, it's DEFINITELY not the gpu. And even if it was, i would firstly uninstall the game, uninstall drivers using ddu, reinstall the graphic drivers, reinstall the game and see then. THEN i would consider a rma.

BUT AGAIN: I T I S N O T T H E G P U. lol

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
Because games are just like that. Especially that kind of glitches. The game engine probably didn't properly load that cloud texture and there you go.
But my problem is NOT EXACTLY like this its like the ground texture was attached to my character and when i was moving it was like stretching following me glitching

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
It's still game engine dependant. If it's not constantly happening during your whole playthrough, it's DEFINITELY not the gpu. And even if it was, i would firstly uninstall the game, uninstall drivers using ddu, reinstall the graphic drivers, reinstall the game and see then. THEN i would consider a rma.

Reactions: FaelanTM
Solution

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020

THANK YOU A LOT dude i didn't sleep last night thinking bout this haha