Question GPU Artifacts? Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC 8GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard.b.mcintosh

Reputable
Sep 7, 2017
Hi All,

Anyone know what is causing this issue (which I believe is called GPU artifacting)? View: https://imgur.com/a/g3MR2RB

A few points:
  • I'm assuming this is a GPU related problem as I have tried the GPU in 2 completely different systems with 2 different monitors and the same thing happens with both.
  • It happens less frequently in the higher spec. system thou.
  • The purple lines/dots flicker for a short while (but don't move position) then the system either recovers, or crashes and has to restart.
  • I don't necessarily need to be doing anything intensive for this to happen, it sometimes happens when just moving a window to the side of the screen (though also occurs in games).
  • I've ran all sorts of GPU benchmarks and none of the benchmarks cause this issue to happen e.g., Heaven (on Extreme), Superposition, PassMark's performance tests, FurMark.
  • No overclocks to GPU or CPU
  • I have tried underclocking & undervolting the GPU to prevent it
  • Windows & GPU driver both up to date
Current system:
  • GPU = Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC 8GB Graphics Card
  • CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  • PSU = be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 550W
  • SSD = Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB
  • RAM = Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz, 16BG (2GB x2) - BL2K8G32C16U4B
  • Mobo = ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX
  • Monitor = Samsung Odyssey G9 (5120 x 1440)
  • OS = Windows 10
Thanks in advance :)

Feb 18, 2022
Wondering if you replaced your graphics card? I have a very similar issue as yours, with very similar "symptoms" - did it get fixed if you did replace your GPU, or was it something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS