Discussion GPU Becomes Fault after Restart

Oct 4, 2023
before I get started, here is my pc build:
Intel i17 12700K
32GB G.Skill Ripjaw RAM
RTX 4080 EVGA FTW3
Corsair 750W PSU

I’m having terrible issues with my GPU. It will work fine and I cap out at 240 frames on Rocket League, but once my PC restarts my GPU is super choppy, running Rocket League anywhere from 20-80 frames, and even causes my entire PC to crash and restart. When my PC restarts, I use DDU to uninstall my drivers and then reinstall as a temporary fix. Sometimes I have to repeat that process multiple times for it to work. Here are some of the solutions I had attempted, but was found to be unsuccessful:
1.) Uninstall MSI afterburner as other people have had the same issue and theres derived for that software. This was not the case for me.
2.) Disabling integrated graphics in the BIOS.
3.) Disassembled/Reassembled my PC to check for any loose connections.
4.) As mentioned In the description, I’ve used DDU to uninstall drivers
5.) Updated GPU bios which did not work, then reverted back to original, which did not work
6.) Updated my motherboard bios to newest version.

All of these have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any solutions or ideas/thoughts?

Oct 4, 2023
Just a guess get a quality 850>1000w psu.
I don’t know if that’s the issue. Once I can get my GPU stable, I can play whatever game and as long as I don’t shut the pc down or restart it, I can play for days/weeks on end no matter what graphical load it’s under. This only occurs after a pc restart. I would think if it was a PSU issue, I wouldn’t be able to play at all.