Question GPU Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2021
Hi all,

I just got a new RTX 3070, so I want to do some objective Benchmark to test whether my card meets the expected performance (to see whether it is defective). I am aware there are established CPU benchmarks (Geekbench, Cinebench, etc.). Are there any established GPU Benchmarks like that?

Also, I used to think that GPU benchmarks are basically running graphically demanding games at max setting and observing the framerate, is that right? If so, what should I do to get the most objective test result? (e.g. what games should I run, under what settings and what conditions, etc.)

Thanks a lot,
Cheers

You could use 3D Mark but remember your results will be compared to people overclocking https://www.3dmark.com/

Games are the best comparison. As for the settings find reviews and benchmarks and copy their settings and see how you compare. Don’t expect your results to be exactly the same, every system is different and different drivers can have a material impact. As long as your results are in the right area I would not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.