[SOLVED] GPU BIOS message Splash Screen Appearing

Mar 18, 2021
Recently I had to reset my BIOS by removing CMOS battery due to technical issues. After doing it, I'm always getting a splash screen showing me GPU BIOS version along with other few informations. This is the first time I'm seeing this splash screen. It feels like I'm using some old machine from the 90's. How can I remove this splash screen?
TtScJAU.jpg

Mobo: ASRock B450 Steel Legend
GPU: Galax RTX 2060 SUPER

Solution
Brother fast boot is the reason i had to reset my bios at first place. You see i have dual boot. Linux alongside windows 10. Fast boot doesn't work with Linux. So after enabling fastboot my os couldn't boot and i was unable to enter bios via splash screen either. So had to reset bios after that.
Fast boot is out of the question apparently. There must be other ways to do this I didn't have this issue when fast boot wasn't enabled earlier. I only had to see one Splash screen, that is my mobo's logo. Now I'm seeing both gpu and mobo splash screen. All I want is to disable the gpu splash screen.
Would have been good to know that in the original post. That being said, just ignore the info and let the system boot normally. There is...
Mar 18, 2021
Look in your BIOS for Fast Boot (enable it). That should stop those diagnostic messages from being shown and may speed up your boot time a bit.

See page 84 of the motherboard manual for the information.

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450 Steel Legend.pdf
Brother fast boot is the reason i had to reset my bios at first place. You see i have dual boot. Linux alongside windows 10. Fast boot doesn't work with Linux. So after enabling fastboot my os couldn't boot and i was unable to enter bios via splash screen either. So had to reset bios after that.
Fast boot is out of the question apparently. There must be other ways to do this I didn't have this issue when fast boot wasn't enabled earlier. I only had to see one Splash screen, that is my mobo's logo. Now I'm seeing both gpu and mobo splash screen. All I want is to disable the gpu splash screen.

Mar 18, 2021
So a few things here:
  • You can't get rid of it.
  • It's likely not affecting boot times
  • It may be showing on a specific output
I don't see anything wrong with it showing. Unless it's actually causing a problem, it's not worth losing sleep over.
I know it's not affecting boot times. But when I bought this pc, this splash screen wasn't there. And now it's appearing. Between then and now, the only difference is BIOS reset. So if I update my BIOS, will it go away? If so can someone guide me about the update method. I'm currently on 2.6. Can I skip to the latest update which is 4.0?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Would have been good to know that in the original post. That being said, just ignore the info and let the system boot normally. There is no harm caused by this.

Reactions: aadnan181
Solution

TRENDING THREADS