Question gpu bios problem

K2reMiilo1

Prominent
Jun 27, 2022
I have problem with Gigabyte RTX 2080oc. I bought it a few months ago used and it had thermal problems, Hitman 3 on medium settings, gpu temps were 70-80c and fans were 2700rpm. One of my friend told me that it is bios problems and he can fix it. When I got my gpu back it was much worse, now when I open the game and it is on loading screen temps rises to 83C and fans go crazy, but nvidia soft shows 0rpm.
I am very grateful for any help, apologies for my bad english

wvwk9wxd83891.png

Nenadinho

Prominent
Apr 26, 2022
I have problem with Gigabyte RTX 2080oc. I bought it a few months ago used and it had thermal problems, Hitman 3 on medium settings, gpu temps were 70-80c and fans were 2700rpm. One of my friend told me that it is bios problems and he can fix it. When I got my gpu back it was much worse, now when I open the game and it is on loading screen temps rises to 83C and fans go crazy, but nvidia soft shows 0rpm.
I am very grateful for any help, apologies for my bad english

wvwk9wxd83891.png
0RPM means your FANs are not working or they are turned off in settings.

K2reMiilo1

Prominent
Jun 27, 2022
Hi Nenadinho.

Nvidia panel shows 0rpm but actually fans are spinning about 30% all time.
As you read that my friend "fixed my GPU", When I got it back and put it back in the computer, in game loading screen my GPU Utilisation is 100% and fans are start to spin max speed, but nvidia panel still shows 0rpm.

Nenadinho

Prominent
Apr 26, 2022
Hi Nenadinho.

Nvidia panel shows 0rpm but actually fans are spinning about 30% all time.
As you read that my friend "fixed my GPU", When I got it back and put it back in the computer, in game loading screen my GPU Utilisation is 100% and fans are start to spin max speed, but nvidia panel still shows 0rpm.
Try reinstalling all of drivers and Nvidia panel and see if it works.

Let me know if that worked.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Download the latest BIOS for your card from Gigabyte, flash it yourself. Whatever your friend did, I would not necessarily trust.

At 14W and 35C I would expect zero RPM mode to be on. Are you saying the fans are spinning at 14W?