Question [ GPU ] black screen after installing driver [ hw manager monitor device disappear ]

zssz

Prominent
Sep 11, 2020
not sure the GPU is getting to fail or not

1060 6gb galaxy
it boots and get into windows normally but after installing driver the device monitor disappear and the screen get black but still I could remote into it and see that the pc is working normally

except that the display get black screen

could it be the GPU is going to fail? gpu is out of warranty right now it's about 4 yrs old now

anyone know what might be the cause? win 8.1 10 formated doesnt solve[first I thought might be windows that not working normally but after format both 8.1 + 10 have the same problem before format TTvTT

help would be very appreciated TTwTT thax evryone

zssz

Prominent
Sep 11, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

does it work before?

i5 6500k
1060 6g
ram 32 g
psu corsair rm850x

I'm currently testing with new monitor but not sure how long it will last

I'm focusing on the problem with GPU or monitor [might be monitor but not sure yet [testing]] TTvTT

because old one was benq gw2750hm but it boots and could get into bios normally with loading windows screen, sadly it's not display ,when the login appear, I have to remote it

also now sometimes when booting up the signal say it's out of range so it very might be some gpu or monitor TTvTT

then sometimes when I switch monitor and sw back it appear like it's working normally as before then after shutdown and reboot again the problem happen the same

so I now remote into hardware manager remove any monitor driver and now using benq g922hdpl now currently testing with 2-3 shutdown and reboot it's working now but if the problem is the gpu it might happen again not sure yet will inform status again TTvTT

thax TTwTT

zssz

Prominent
Sep 11, 2020
after removing any driver monitor that might conflict with, and switching to old monitor

it 4 days now with out black screen should be the monitor now I guess > <'''