Question GPU black screen crash

Mar 5, 2021
For the last week i have been having a issue with my gpu where after a few minutes of the pc being on it will give me a black screen and therfore i will have to hard restat my pc. I first had this problem at the backend of january this year but i changed out the theremal paste and it worked ever scince untill a few days ago where the problem started happening again i have tried many things like reinstalling the drivers and checking for any possible updates but unfortunately that didnt fix any thing. I have also done a psu test and that seems to be running fine.

Would appreciate any help because i have ran out of ideas and dont want to think about buying a GPU just yet.

Also here are my specs

• CPU I7 2700K
  • GPU AMD R9 390 8GB
  • DDR3 16GB
  • SSD 250GB
  • Hhd 2tb
  • PSU 650 WATTS
  • ICEBERG LIQUID COOLING250
:)

Mar 5, 2021
Yes i have re done the paste and unfortunately that didnt fix anything.

Interms of temps that was the first thing i checked. While in idle gpu temps are usually 43-50 degrees and underload i have never seen it go past 80 however when it crashed the temps are normally at 60-70 (it depends on when it crashes tbh).And cpu temps are normally high 40 and low 50s.

The PSU test i did was just some video i kept on seeing on youtube with a paperclip and it thougth i may aswell try at this point.And the PSU i have is TX650W from corsair.

I forgot to add that im using my motherboard intergrated graphics to use my PC atm in case u could guess that.:LOL:

Thanks in advance

Does the black screen happen only with the r9 or does it happen with igpu also?
That paperclip test is only useful for seeing if the pc is dead or not.In your problem that test is useles.
Do you have a spare GPU to test?
Perhaps a friend's?

Mar 5, 2021
Yes so the black screen crashes only happens on my r9. It pretty much gives me a black screen within 10-15mins of turning on my pc. That's why I use my integrated graphics because it doesn't crash.

I don't really have any other Gpu's to try other than some really crappy ones😂. I thinks I'll give them I try tomorrow and see how that goes.

Thanks

Reactions: Dj0gany