GPU black screen (pre bios)

eddythebeagle

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
I recently got a Gtx 1060 having upgraded from a R9 270. My PC ran fine before but I cannot for the life of me get the 1060 working.

My current system:
Mobo: P8H61-MX USB3
Cpu: 3570 i5
Psu: 430w
Asus monitor (dvi and hdmi compatible)

With the 1060 installed, the screen is completly blank, but outputs a signal as my monitor doesn't time out and seems to respond to being turned on. Bios doesn't show at all.

Note the GPU has a white light by the power input, turns red when not powered.
Graphic card is as firmly installed as possible without causing damage.
Motherboard is tested working pre and post install with my previous graphic card.

So far I have tried:
Uninstalling the GPU, running on iGpu and disabling intel graphics + forcing safemode boot.

Using remote desktop software to manually install drivers whilst installed. Note the 1060 displays as disabled and device manager gives it a code: 43.

I have flashed the bios with the latest firmware.

Uninstalling all AMD and Nvidia drivers using a driver sweeper software and then re-installing via remote desktop.

Right now I feel like this is a certain hardware error. Short of testing the card on another system (not readily available) I can't think of much else. Any suggestions?

Solution
Your power supply is pretty marginal for a 1060 card. It does not draw a lot of power, but the lower end Corsair PSUs can be of varying quality.
Really the only way to find out if the card is good or if issue is with your computer is to test the card in another system. Did you contact support for the video card vendor?

eddythebeagle

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016

My PSU is
Corsair - 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I could try disabling the Hard drives and case fans, it might give me a bit of extra power output.

Your power supply is pretty marginal for a 1060 card. It does not draw a lot of power, but the lower end Corsair PSUs can be of varying quality.
Really the only way to find out if the card is good or if issue is with your computer is to test the card in another system. Did you contact support for the video card vendor?

Solution