Question Gpu black screen

FaneTheClutcher

Honorable
Feb 11, 2019
have a graphic GTX 1080 TI. I was on youtube and suddenly a black screen appeared. I tried to restart the PC, but again I had a black screen. When i restart pc 1080 ti fans are like a 100%.When I insert an old graphic she works. Please help me!

lc power 600w LC600H-12

This might be the culprit in your case. That's not a Gaming PSU, just a very low-end PSU for home/office work. Do not use this to power up the 1080 Ti. It migth even damage the GPU and other components, in the long run. A cheap/generic PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections. If it fails under load, it can even destroy anything it is connected to.

Don't use this PSU to power any gaming PC. I'm skeptical about the build quality of this unit.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.
  • LC POWER
  • SPIRE
  • STARTECH
  • FOXONN.
  • RAVE
  • MSI

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
  • EVGA.
Conclusion : Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....

Last edited: