[SOLVED] GPU black screen ?

kiran59

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2015
So, my pc used to run fine until recently it started giving me black screen. The pc would boot and a black screen flickers like Windows is booting. My keyboard and mouse lights up and I can hear Windows sounds, I was also able to shut down PC by alt + f4. But the screen stays black throughout.

I tried ddu cleaning the drivers, the nvidia drivers would automatically install by internet. The driver version I saw was 456.71 when I boot up with the iGPU.

My specs -
i5 3470
GTX 1050ti
4 GB Ram
Ant Esports VS450L PSU

Solution
Ant Esports VS450L
While it's hard to say for CERTAIN, because there are zero reviews (Which itself tells us a LOT) by any professional reviewer, in my experience I'd say the chances are about 99% that this is your problem. You have a very cheap power supply and if it has some miles on it too, even more likely. Get a quality power supply that is 450-550w and I'm betting your issues will resolve themselves. It's possible you have some other problem as well, but without having a known good quality power supply you will likely just be chasing shadows until you get one.

Try to find yourself a quality unit that's listed somewhere on the first three tiers at the following link, or use the information in the second link to find a...
Ant Esports VS450L
While it's hard to say for CERTAIN, because there are zero reviews (Which itself tells us a LOT) by any professional reviewer, in my experience I'd say the chances are about 99% that this is your problem. You have a very cheap power supply and if it has some miles on it too, even more likely. Get a quality power supply that is 450-550w and I'm betting your issues will resolve themselves. It's possible you have some other problem as well, but without having a known good quality power supply you will likely just be chasing shadows until you get one.

Try to find yourself a quality unit that's listed somewhere on the first three tiers at the following link, or use the information in the second link to find a quality model. I realize that in the region you most likely live in it is hard to find quality power supplies sometimes, but the fact that they are hard to acquire doesn't change the fact that having one is a necessity if you want to avoid problems.

Solution
So I tried my gpu in my friend's pc. And it got the same black screen issue and I know it's not a psu problem as he's got Corsair CV550.

Like mentioned above, your current PSU model is pure junk. It's a god awful cheap Indian brand PSU. Okay, assuming your GPU is fine, but using such a poor quality PSU is not recommended for any gaming PC, which is at least having a mid-range discrete GPU.

Just because the card works on your friend's PC, doesn't mean that ANT Esports brand PSU is good enough for your GPU. Replace that junk asap. I won't use this PSU to even power up a light bulb, but that's just me. It's your call.

Last edited: