[SOLVED] gpu blackscreen mid game

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
Hi, a couple of months ago i bought an rx 5600xt, it has been working perfect with no problem at all, then now when i specificly plays league of legends the game blackscreens from around 20 seconds up to over 2 minutes and i have to restart my monitor several times for it to start displaying again, it just started with this recently and it only happens in league and it is really frustrating, ive tried redownloading the amd 20.9.1 drivers with ddu
the problem isnt with my monitor since ive never had any issue at all with the monitor itself its just that the gpu stops displaying to it but the monitor says DP/displayport on the monitor as if it is connected just without any picture.

Solution
yes i did use DDU, btw i use less wattage now with the rx 5600xt than my rx 580 since the rx 5600xt powerdraw is less
Thats why I said the it makes me think that PSU is not at fault.

Try older drivers, something like 20.4.2 and see if you still have any issues.

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
my psu is an EVGA 500W and has had not problems for over 4 years, gpu is an sapphire rx 5600xt pulse and it never goes above 50c when i run the fans at 1700rpm, same with the GDDR6 memory it never goes above 60C, all my temps on my pc is under 60C

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
That is MAKE and WATTAGE. We need the model which can be found on the PSU itself, or the box it was packed in.

It means nothing. Hardware can go bad without a single sign beforehand.
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-W1-0500-KR here is a link to the page for my psu.
the thing is i dont have any problems at all if i put my rx 580 4gb in my pc.
but ive been thinking about replacing my PSU since ive had it for nearly 4 years now

Poor quality PSU that its real wattage is 480W. You should replace it with one of a better quality using recommendations found in the first post here:

The fact that the 580 does run without a problem, makes me think that the PSU is not at fault.
Did you use DDU when you installed 5600 XT?

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
Poor quality PSU that its real wattage is 480W. You should replace it with one of a better quality using recommendations found in the first post here:

The fact that the 580 does run without a problem, makes me think that the PSU is not at fault.
Did you use DDU when you installed 5600 XT?
yes i did use DDU, btw i use less wattage now with the rx 5600xt than my rx 580 since the rx 5600xt powerdraw is less

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
yeah, i reverted back to the old 20.4.2 drivers yesterday and im going to do some testing to see if i still get blackscreens, will come back later and tell you guys about it.
hopefully its just the 20.9.1 driver but the thing is it just started recently but ive had the 20.9.1 driver since it came out.
oh also my pc is inside a desk with a big hole under one of my monitors and there i have 3 powercables to the monitors and 3 hdmi/dp cables coming out, i dont think there is an issue with some interference but just in case i was thinking of getting some ferrerite blocks since they are cheap