[SOLVED] Gpu boost doesn't work on standard drivers!

Amanullah7172

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, i have Quadro k3000m in hp8770w with modded bios to 1Ghz clock speed but it works with DCH/QNF drivers only.
with standard /ODE drivers it doesn't work! new drivers have better security and more bug fixes as i think!
screenshots!
with DCH /QNF
bfIkYgI.gif

with standard/ODE
8wv9GzL.png

any help or replacing some files from DCH drivers in standard?

Solution
What's a matter if it's oem?

Actually, the problem is that DCH is the only recommended driver for OEMs, as stated by both MS and NVIDIA, if I'm not mistaken.

DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware supported apps) drivers are actually a new Windows 10 driver package preinstalled by OEMS implementing the Microsoft Universal Driver paradigm. While the base core component files remain the same, the way DCH drivers are packaged differs from previous Legacy (Standard) drivers.

More info on MS's official website for these driver types:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...evelop/getting-started-with-universal-drivers
That's a bit weird, IMO. I've never seen a lower boost clock with any driver whatsoever. This seems like a coding bug, or some compatibility issue, though I'm just making a guess.

Did you actually install BOTH the drivers at the same time ? Because, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

Are you having a prebuilt OEM system ? If YES, then you need to only install the DCH version, NOT standard.

Amanullah7172

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
That's a bit weird, IMO. I've never seen a lower boost clock with any driver whatsoever. This seems like a coding bug, or some compatibility issue, though I'm just making a guess.

Did you actually install BOTH the drivers at the same time ? Because, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

Are you having a prebuilt OEM system ? If YES, then you need to only install the DCH version, NOT standard.
Well i used ddu to uninstall DCH and install standard 1. And it's hp 8770w by hp, sounds like oem!

Actually, the problem is that DCH is the only recommended driver for OEMs, as stated by both MS and NVIDIA, if I'm not mistaken.

DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware supported apps) drivers are actually a new Windows 10 driver package preinstalled by OEMS implementing the Microsoft Universal Driver paradigm. While the base core component files remain the same, the way DCH drivers are packaged differs from previous Legacy (Standard) drivers.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...evelop/getting-started-with-universal-drivers

Reactions: Amanullah7172
Solution

Amanullah7172

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019

thx!