Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2019
Hi 2 all,

I have a weird problem, my GPU is a AMD radeon R7 200 series,
it works fine in every sense but.... sometimes when i shut down my computer , and i start it up after a couple hours i see no signal, computer boots fine,
no beeping noises, its in windows i hear but no signal, i also see that the coolers on the GPU are working.
When i put my computer in sleep mode it will always start up fine.
also resetting is no problem at all. once it's on it working great.

I already cleaned it, got all the dust removed, the card is not yet a year old.
When it is working it always stays on, its only when i shut down the computer and start it again in a couple of hours.

what is ths strange problem , can anybody shine a light on this one?
Thank you in advance!

Solution
so there could be a connection with the ram and the GPU? then i am going to check that one out, yes last option is different GPU, but it seems a waste, cause if it runs it runs perfect, anyway thanx for the suggestions , appreciate it!

Ram may prevent full boot, hanging on a blank screen. Hoping for a change after troubleshooting, least you'll have an idea if there is a change. If not, and there is a problem with the gpu io ports, it may get worse or maybe not. Another gpu would most likely tell the story.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
When there is no display, how do you eventually get it back?

When the PC is shutdown, do you power off the monitor as well or leave it on standby?

With my system, i need to power on monitor a few seconds after turning on PC to show display, don't know why. If i don't do it this way ill have no display. Think from memory turning monitor off/on again shows display but ive just got in the habit turning on monitor shortly after PC. See if a similar order of turning things on helps.

Oct 13, 2019
When there is no display, how do you eventually get it back?

When the PC is shutdown, do you power off the monitor as well or leave it on standby?

With my system, i need to power on monitor a few seconds after turning on PC to show display, don't know why. If i don't do it this way ill have no display. Think from memory turning monitor off/on again shows display but ive just got in the habit turning on monitor shortly after PC. See if a similar order of turning things on helps.

hi thanx for the reply, yes i just keep on booting, and hoping it will get signal, sometimes i just remove the GPU or the battery on the mainboard and then sometimes it works.

i have the monitor already on, but also tried with put it on later, the weird thing is that it had no problems before ,. it just happend to do this

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What's your monitor setup and cable?

Can you try another display to rule out monitor? Such as a TV maybe.

Could be the video connection on the graphics card flaking out. Hard to say. Test another display/cable first if able.

Oct 13, 2019
What's your monitor setup and cable?

Can you try another display to rule out monitor? Such as a TV maybe.

Could be the video connection on the graphics card flaking out. Hard to say. Test another display/cable first if able.

so i have two monitors , dvi and vga, also tried both and different connectors, also just one monitor, still same thing.

At the moment i just keep on booting, and at the 4th or 5th time it does give signal.

Oct 13, 2019
Troubleshoot ram, reseat, switch ram around, or leave one out if have multiple and try each separately.

Not really much else to suggest other than try another gpu.

so there could be a connection with the ram and the GPU? then i am going to check that one out, yes last option is different GPU, but it seems a waste, cause if it runs it runs perfect, anyway thanx for the suggestions , appreciate it!

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Ram may prevent full boot, hanging on a blank screen. Hoping for a change after troubleshooting, least you'll have an idea if there is a change. If not, and there is a problem with the gpu io ports, it may get worse or maybe not. Another gpu would most likely tell the story.

Solution
Oct 13, 2019
yes very true, thank you , that helped out !

Status
Not open for further replies.