GPU boot problems

May 28, 2018
So today I went to shower and left my computer on, when I returned the computer was off. I tried to turn it back on and the lights flashed on, the fans jolted and then everything went off. There wasn't any beep or error message that popped up on the screen since the computer was barely on for 1/2 of a second. I originally thought it was my ram so i reseated it making sure there wasn't dust in the slots for it. I went through methodically looking for what could be wrong, eventually i took my graphics card out (980 ti hybrid) and tried to boot it and up, it started just fine. I thought it was strange and believed it to be my PSU although it is 800 watts it is quiet old (2-3 years). So I took my friends 970 and popped it into my computer and it booted up just fine. then I put my 980 ti into my friend's rig and his started doing what mine was doing (flashed on then off). I am really hesitant to buy a new GPU since my 980 ti performed perfectly all the way up until today. Is there anything I could have missed or a quick fix that I can try before going out and spending +800$ on a new card?

Solution
google evga vrm heat issue and vrm fires. there been recalls on the 980 and 1000 cards for vrm over heating. they had to drop a bios update to have the fans come on sooner to keep the vrm from cooking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgrOsclwQPo
if evga wont replace the gpu see if the vendor you got the card from will or if you used a credit card see if you can do a charge back. with evga call them and speek with customer relation/eng support. see if you can get your funds back and get another brand of gpu.
google evga vrm heat issue and vrm fires. there been recalls on the 980 and 1000 cards for vrm over heating. they had to drop a bios update to have the fans come on sooner to keep the vrm from cooking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgrOsclwQPo
if evga wont replace the gpu see if the vendor you got the card from will or if you used a credit card see if you can do a charge back. with evga call them and speek with customer relation/eng support. see if you can get your funds back and get another brand of gpu.

Solution
May 28, 2018

It actually is a EVGA card so in the morning I will call them since today is memorial day and everything is closed, thanks for your help!!