[SOLVED] Gpu bottleneck or just a bad processor?

Dec 2, 2018
Hey guys,

This is my first build and I notice that my frames dont match what other people are getting from a similar build with rx 580. It seems like no matter what settings I play fortnite on the frame rate is the same. On low settings I only get about 110 fps and on max settings I get 100 fps. According to other benchmarks I am supposed to have over 200 fps on low and about the same on max. This is a problem for me because I dont really care about how the games look I only care about frames because I play competitively. Any thing to fix my low fps on low settings?

Here are my specs:
B450 Prime asus mobo
Rx 580 4gb MSI
2200g ryzen 3
16 gb 2666 clocked ram
500w thermaltake psu
Phanteks p300

Other:
Sceptre 144 hz 24” monitor

Solution
The 2200G only has 4 threads, and that can become a limiting factor when chasing really high framerates in newer games. If you only have 1 stick of RAM that can also be a limiting factor in some titles as memory bandwidth also becomes a factor when chasing high framerates.

If you're just looking at GPU benchmarks, then those are usually done with much better CPUs then the R3 2200G to avoid CPU limitations when testing, and that's probably why you're getting less performance. Now if these benchmarks are done with an RX 580 and an R3 2200G and are still getting 200FPS, then there might be something else wrong.
The 2200G only has 4 threads, and that can become a limiting factor when chasing really high framerates in newer games. If you only have 1 stick of RAM that can also be a limiting factor in some titles as memory bandwidth also becomes a factor when chasing high framerates.

If you're just looking at GPU benchmarks, then those are usually done with much better CPUs then the R3 2200G to avoid CPU limitations when testing, and that's probably why you're getting less performance. Now if these benchmarks are done with an RX 580 and an R3 2200G and are still getting 200FPS, then there might be something else wrong.

Solution