[SOLVED] GPU bricked after BIOS flash and won't POST

Feb 18, 2022
Used a different GPU as main and used integrated graphics, when ever this bricked GPU is in the pc it wont post AT ALL.

I have short circuited the bios chip and still wont post, however, i have noticed that a signal is being transmitted to the monitor but screen is still black when the wire is connected to pin 1 and 8.

Anyone have any ideas on how to flash the bios with out a SPI flasher ?

Solution
I have short circuited the bios chip and still wont post, however, i have noticed that a signal is being transmitted to the monitor but screen is still black when the wire is connected to pin 1 and 8.

In some motherboards this may cause some 3.3V step-down converter on motherboard to fry as well. And then good bye to BIOS completely till a visit to service. Just saying.

Assuming that other things on motherboard aren't broken yet (see above)... You must have SPI flasher and your motherboard BIOS dump. Then according to how BIOS chip is connected in motherboard site you can either clamp flashing probe on BIOS chip and flash it. Or you must...

In some motherboards this may cause some 3.3V step-down converter on motherboard to fry as well. And then good bye to BIOS completely till a visit to service. Just saying.

Assuming that other things on motherboard aren't broken yet (see above)... You must have SPI flasher and your motherboard BIOS dump. Then according to how BIOS chip is connected in motherboard site you can either clamp flashing probe on BIOS chip and flash it. Or you must solder BIOS chip out from motherboard and then flash it. Can't say which way will work for your motherboard. How to flash - depends from SPI chip (and motherboard). Example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixqgLv76fLI

Solution