Question GPU Broken/Replacement Suggestions

Oct 2, 2022
Okay so I have a 3070 that’s been making funny noises for a few weeks. I googled and it said it might be dust so I used compressed air throughout the inside to get it out. Kept making the noise, but it was a little less briefly.

Today I finally had a graphics crash to black and lose signal.

So the question is: Should I buy a 3070 for $400, or get maybe a 3070TI for $650?

Had the computer itself for 18 months. Brand new.

I did consider just replacing the fans in hopes that would fix the issue but it looks like fans alone would be like $80 and I’m not super confident about doing that myself, so it would probably cost $150-$200 to have it replaced by a pro.

Assuming it was just the fans failing that caused the graphics failure.

Oct 2, 2022
I never would have thought it was able to be RMA’ed after 18 months?

Definitely a buzzing noise. A constant buzzing noise I couldn’t even link to times the GPU is seeing heavier use, like higher quality games like Bannerlord. Sometimes it would buzz just browsing the Internet.

Also, update:

A few minutes after writing this, I got my computer back up after a failed boot up (first ever) and decided to run a virus scan just in case.

I left the room and was going back 10 minutes later when, from down the hall 20 feet away, I smelled something burning.

Immediately ran over and shut off the computer. Could see the display had crashed at some point but computer continued to run and something was burning. No smoke, but could smell it.