Jan 4, 2021
Has anyone experienced these crashes before with an Rx5700xt? This a brand new built pc and I have been trying everything. I rolled back/updated drivers, updated bios, set bios to default settings, ran cpu stress test to check if its a cpu problem, and even reapplied thermal paste on both my cpu and gpu. After checking my event viewer these 2 are the errors that keep popping up right before my pc experiences these weird green screen crashes:

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 117
Parameter 1: ffffcf85b6db3460
Parameter 2: fffff80129d2e590
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Event 18:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Also Event 18:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

I reason that this is either a gpu, motherboard, or power supply problem. I have tried everything to recreate the problem and gpu stress tests have been the most successful. It is important to note that there is no consistency in the time of the crashes and my pc doesn't always completely power off and experiences weird display corruption until my driver timeouts. I have no other components to swap in and test out so I have to make a quick decision about which component to rma. I am stuck between a mobo/psu and gpu since it could be the case that my gpu is experiencing a power delivery problem, however I am confused as to how my gpu could cause my pc to restart, is this even possible? Here is a video of the crashes: View: https://imgur.com/a/e1bqFq5#lCC7a5W

Last edited: