Commendable
Dec 8, 2021
Hi I recently encountered a problem with my pc and I concluded it was my GPU
I Have an MSI 1050ti bought in 2018
My other specs are
i5 8500
ROG STrix
16gb ddr4
Today my screen just became blacked out with a hint of what it was remaining. I shut down my pc and restarted it , for the first 2 minutes it was fine but then it happened again. Next time i plugged my monitor into the motherboard so it could use my cpu and it was fine. Is there something I can do to push my gpu a little more? I even tried to underclock it to the minimum but that didnt do the job.
If not, I want some recommendations on a new gpu, something in the 250 dollars/euro range, I was thinking a rtx3050 or anything else you guys might think would work!
below are some pictures of the current state of my screen with the gpu plugged it

iannis1022

Commendable
Dec 8, 2021
Skip the rtx 3050. Check into the amd rx 6600. If cost is a major factor I’d look at a used rx 5600 xt or used rtx 2060.
actually thank you, i've been thinking about going with amd and they do seem the best for the price, I should have put the power supply also, might it also be an issue because I dont think its powerfull enough

The Gigabyte p450b is a low end group regulated unit. While its probably fine for a low end GPU, It would be best to upgrade it along with your graphics card upgrade.

What region are you in, so that I can recommend replacements that are available to you?

iannis1022

Commendable
Dec 8, 2021
The Gigabyte p450b is a low end group regulated unit. While its probably fine for a low end GPU, It would be best to upgrade it along with your graphics card upgrade.

What region are you in, so that I can recommend replacements that are available to you?
I am from eastern europe, Romania. I bought the PSU 2 years ago 2nd hand as a quick replacement for my broken one. Honestly not looking to spend more than 250 euro, I have found an rx 6600 for 200 and don't really have an idea for what psu to buy, if you can recommend me one in that 50 euro price range I would appreciate it

iannis1022

Commendable
Dec 8, 2021
i've actually found the problem and it wasnt with my graphics card, it works fine and thanks with all the help about helping me choose a new one and upgrade. It was actually my monitor causing the problem, AOC G2490VXA which , from what I saw from other people it has really bad build quality, it was the high refresh rate that was causing the problem, seeing that this has happend to alot of people before, thankfully I found the original invoice and I will send it back through the warranty.

I would say however if you swap out for something like the rx 6600 you’d see a nice performance increase. I think the 6600 is closer to a gtx 1080 in performance to give you an idea vs your 1050ti.

If you did decide to go ahead and swap the gpu and were willing to look at the used market check out the rx 5600xt or rtx 2060. They are older generation cards but just slightly behind the rx 6600. I know sometimes you can catch the rx 5600xt on eBay in the USA for about $100 US. Not sure about over there but it might be worth looking at as those would be a nice jump also.