Apr 8, 2016
Been using the following spec and system for around 5 years now:
i5 3570k
16gb DDR3 ram
500w psu
(gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h motherboard)
EVGA GTX 960 2gb

Short story:
I was replacing my gtx 960 to the one I got from a friend which is RX 570 4gb reference model, that was from his Dell inspiron tower (used for 1 year).
I also have RX 580 4gb that I bought from Ebay.

Here is the problem:
(my old/current GPU) EVGA gtx 960 2gb still works using DVI-D to DVI-I cable
RX 570 4gb reference model and RX 580 4gb card does not show signal to the monitor.
PC turns on no beeps but there is no signal on the monitor.
For RX 580 4gb, I've used HDMI to DVI-D cable. I turn on pc and monitor gets a floating message and shows an option to change from VGA input to DVI input, I set it to DVI input and it goes black and no signal.
My monitor only has VGA and a DVI-D port, RX 580 has 2x HDMI and 1x DVI-D port. HDMI to DVI-D cable is all I have atm.
I did DDU and uninstalled NVIDIA drivers in safe mode before trying out the two cards.
Am I doing something wrong with the cables? does HDMI to DVI-D work?
any suggestion for me to try will be appreciated!!

Solution
Is the motherboard in Uefi boot mode? If it's in legacy, you'll have to change it with newer AMD cards post legacy. Changing to Uefi means reinstalling Windows but you can change it to see if you get the Bios screen at least and then if it works, change back to legacy so you can boot to Windows and begin the process of backing up to reinstall Windows.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is the motherboard in Uefi boot mode? If it's in legacy, you'll have to change it with newer AMD cards post legacy. Changing to Uefi means reinstalling Windows but you can change it to see if you get the Bios screen at least and then if it works, change back to legacy so you can boot to Windows and begin the process of backing up to reinstall Windows.

Solution

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
its in both UEFI and legacy mode