GPU buzzing all the time.

onii_chan

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Recently i noticed a buzzing sound that was comming from my pc. I listened closly and im pretty sure its my gpu. I have a gtx 780 and when im doing normal stuff like browsing the buzzing isnt constanly there and its very quiet. But when im playing a very demanding game like pubg the buzzing would get very loud. In the loading screen its silent but when i load into the map it goes crazy. It doesent bother me that much because I always have my headset on but is this something serious? Do I need to replace my gpu?

Solution

Temps are normal for that card. Usage and Fan curve also are normal. It's more likely that the fan is worn out and so...

Techron

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
You should download MSI Afterburner and use that to monitor your GPU fanspeed, coreclock, memory usage, temperature and utilization. Provide a screenshot of these when you are running the game. Or measure them and post them here. It seems that your GPU is getting hot as it works hard and so the fans are ramping up so that it can control the temps.

Also could you provide the exact model of your GTX 780? And did you buy this second hand?

Techron

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

Yeah that's why I think he should check his temps, fanspeed and the Model. It should be easier if he has an aftermarket card to repair the fan if it is damaged.

onii_chan

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

First i have a gtx 780 super jetstream from palit. Second i checked my temps and it stayed under 74c and my Fan speed was at 64% and my gpu usage was between 90% and 99%

Techron

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

Temps are normal for that card. Usage and Fan curve also are normal. It's more likely that the fan is worn out and so maybe rattles a bit causing the noise. You could take it to a local store and ask them to check it out for you. But remember "If it ain't broke don't fix it". And your card most certainly isn't broke. You could take off the shroud check it by yourself watching a tutorial but that's entirely your choice.

Solution

onii_chan

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

I shortly did remove it but i didnt found anything that looks broken. I`ll just leave it like that i guess. If it breaks im just gonna buy a new one cause this card is pretty old now.