May 4, 2018
PC specs
PSU: Seasonic Core GM 650
MB: Aorus b550 Elite v2
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
GPU: Asrock AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT Challenger Pro 8GB OC
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8x2 DDR4 3200Mhz

I heard it's called coil whine or something like that, limiting fps should fix the problem.
I tried limiting fps to 150fps. I tried with low graphics and with ultra. I tried v-sync on and off. The buzzing doesn't disappear.
This buzzing happened with CS:GO and Valorant, limiting fps fixes the problem. But for PUBG it doesn't.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to roll up an A4 sheet of paper and hold one end to your ear and use the other end as a probe to listen to the source of the noise. Also, it'd help us two fold if you included an video(with audio) of the issue taking place. This will also come in handy if you do need to RMA anything on your build.

For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version at the time of writing and the OS version(assuming you're on Windows 10 and not on Windows 11)?

Apart from the 3 titles mentioned above, have you tied out other titles to replicate the noise?

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
You might want to roll up an A4 sheet of paper and hold one end to your ear and use the other end as a probe to listen to the source of the noise. Also, it'd help us two fold if you included an video(with audio) of the issue taking place. This will also come in handy if you do need to RMA anything on your build.

For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version at the time of writing and the OS version(assuming you're on Windows 10 and not on Windows 11)?

Apart from the 3 titles mentioned above, have you tied out other titles to replicate the noise?
Ohh shieet, I think it is my GPU. These buzzing problems came since I got the GPU (I had RX 580 8gb before). Now when I get a better look (or hear) the noise is coming from the GPU. I tried the A4 paper as a probe and I can hear the buzzing clearer when it's on the GPU.
I tried it on LoL and limiting the fps fixes the problem. I don't have other games to try it on.
I got windows 10 and bios is:
View: https://imgur.com/a/GCtSvHE