Question GPU can't update driver

Apr 23, 2022
Hi everyone, basically the issue I would like to raise here is related to my GPU Gtx 960 Msi the prblm is when ever I update graphic drivers the system crashes during installation and new windows had to be installed the unique thing is my GPU can handle all the driver from 432.0 and backwards but not driver after this particular number and it also plays game really fine and work absolutely normal

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

And if the current driver is working then there may be little to be gained by rushing into the "newest" driver. May still have some bugs in it....

What driver version is failing and causing the crashes?

Where are you getting the newer GPU driver - source?

Are you using some sort of automated driver installer or app?

Go to MSI's website to manually download the applicable driver. Reinstall and reconfigure as necessary.

No third party installers or tools.

Check MSI's Forums and FAQ's. Other people may be having similar problems with the driver. Look for what is being said and what is not being said....

Apr 23, 2022

And if the current driver is working then there may be little to be gained by rushing into the "newest" driver. May still have some bugs in it....

Go to MSI's website to manually download the applicable driver. Reinstall and reconfigure as necessary.

Check MSI's Forums and FAQ's. Other people may be having similar problems with the driver. Look for what is being said and what is not being said....
CPU i5 2500
GPU Gtx 960 2gb Msi
Kingston 2x2 8gb ram
1 tb segate hdd
450 watt Psu
The problem is with every driver version after 432.0 when ever I update from device manager it installs this driver . Is

Check MSI's Forums and FAQ's. Other people may be having similar problems with the driver. Look for what is being said and what is not being said..

I5 2500 CPU , gtx 960 2gb msi , 8gb Kingston ram , 450 watt psu , 1tb Seagate hdd , as I said I have done installation without third party tools and along with them to also ddu installation only driver from 432.0 and backwards are supported driver newer to 432 always crashes while installing device manager also update to this version of driver by default . Os win 10 21h1

jasonf2

Distinguished
Most of the real driver tweaks for a given card happen in the first year or so. After that driver support tends to stick around for around 5 years and then they quit issuing updates altogether. Your card is old enough that new drivers probably don't really do to much for you unless you are having a specific gameplay bug. Compound that with the fact that the newer drivers are destabilizing your machine and I would definitely roll back to whatever is stable for you. Your only other real option is to upgrade the card itself which isn't really a fix for your current issue.

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can just keep using the driver that works for your gpu. As long as your games are playable, then there's no need to update the driver.
this

Nvidia have 1 driver version that is for all their cards, as time goes along they are more likely to support features that work with new cards than older ones. You better off using drivers that work with it than trying to get the newest drivers to work for it.
I had a 980, I stopped looking for updated drivers for it a few years after its release. I have a 2070 Super now, Its almost time to do the same.

Reactions: Tac 25 and @fnan 21
Apr 23, 2022
Most of the real driver tweaks for a given card happen in the first year or so. After that driver support tends to stick around for around 5 years and then they quit issuing updates altogether. Your card is old enough that new drivers probably don't really do to much for you unless you are having a specific gameplay bug. Compound that with the fact that the newer drivers are destabilizing your machine and I would definitely roll back to whatever is stable for you. Your only other real option is to upgrade the card itself which isn't really a fix for your current issue.
I got your point buddy and sum up this situation in such way that as long as I am gaming on it and getting descent performance out of it I am happy running it and so after 1 or more year I will upgrade to whole different level but for this time I'll be continuing using this card

TRENDING THREADS