GPU can't update drivers + Vertical stripes

Feb 3, 2019
Hello everyone!
So since yesterday I am having the following Problem:

My PC randomly freezes with a Grey screen while gaming and after that booting was only possible in safe mode. I had green/violet vertical Stripes all over my screen.
At first I didnt know what the issue was, so I wanted to make sure where the Problem lies. First Thing I did was factory reset my OS to check if its a Software Problem, which wasnt the case, since I have been getting the same issues afterall. Tried using another Monitor and other cables, nope! Since it had to be a problem with the Hardware, I went through every component to check which of them was faulty. My result: the good old amd gpu.

Im using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (basically universal Drivers) as a driver Right now since its the only one which works, even though not perfectly because of the vertical Stripes. So whenever I update my Drivers, my pc crashes Midway and I get a blank screen. When booting, my pc crashes after the Windows loading screen and i get the same blank/black screen and Ill have to run my pc in safe mode again. So the thing is, my pc tells me that my gpu is running like it overclocked, even though Settings of the gpu has never been changed. Plus, Ive heard that those green/violet vertical Stripes are often an effect of too hard overclocking.

To underclock my pc again, which would maybe solve my Problem, id have to install new Drivers, which isnt possible. The old drivers of the CD dont work either, I get the same crash.

It seems like alot of people using my gpu have similar Problems. Now what I did was open my PC, Clean it and make sure every thing is connected and stable. Didnt help me either whatsoever.
So yeah im kinda getting frustrated and would appreciate any constructive Input!

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: ASUS R9 270x 2GB
MOBO: ASUS M5A99x EVO R2.0
PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W
SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120GB SATA
HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB SATA
RAM: ELIXIR 16GB DDR3 1600 MHZ

Some data on the GPU here:

https://imgur.com/a/TQPPsch

These Stripes look like this:
https://imgur.com/a/8MKO4aT

by lookin at that 3.3v rail? atx specs allows 5% drop (3.135v min), those values are still fine, your GPU isnt using it anyway
your 12v rail is lookin fine there too

all those VIN*** are unimportant readings
btw SMBUS has max 0.8v in case u wonder

TRENDING THREADS