Question GPU cause of USB issues?

Ian_1979

Reputable
Aug 20, 2016
Hello there. Wondering if anyone can help please? I built a 99 percent new ryzen system. The only resused parts are the GPU and some hdds. I've been getting unknown USB device detected error and the Bluetooth disappears. I've tried new drivers, troubleshooting help in windows and heaps of other things subjected on youtube. That includes uninstalling all USB devices and having nothing in any USB ports except for the mouse and KB. What's fixed it (kind of) was taking the GPU out and putting it back in again. It's super sensitive though and next boot the problems can return. I also noticed black lines on the PCI pins. Can't clean them off so I'm sure it's damage to the gold. Also an older gpu of mine has no issues, other than being old. (No black lines on its pins)
So my question I guess is. Can poor connection in the PCI express slot cause USB issues? They must share a lane hence the errors?
Any way to fix this? I don't have the money for a new gpu at the moment with December being big bill month. Plus supply is terrible of course.

Thanks everyone

Lutfij

Titan
Alongside the information you've posted above, it's a good idea to include your specs for the system as well as the make and models of the recycled parts. From what you're mentioned, did you recycle the OS installation as well? If so, you're advised to reinstall your OS once you migrate to a new motherboard(platform).

Ian_1979

Reputable
Aug 20, 2016
Alongside the information you've posted above, it's a good idea to include your specs for the system as well as the make and models of the recycled parts. From what you're mentioned, did you recycle the OS installation as well? If so, you're advised to reinstall your OS once you migrate to a new motherboard(platform).

Thank you for the reply.
Used parts are:
GTX 1080
2 Seagate hdds and Kingston sata SSD.
New parts:
gigabyte b550 master.
same brand 3600 ddr4 ram.
5800x with latest bios and chipset drivers. Cooled by noctua air cooler.
Seasonic 850 gold PSU.
And Corsair 500gb m.2 gen 4
with new windows 10 pro installation.
I'm pretty sure I either need to find a way to clean the PCI pins or I have to save for a new gpu.
Tough time of the year with bills and Christmas coming up 🤕

TRENDING THREADS