Question GPU causing boot problem ?

Oct 4, 2021
Hello

My friend is building a computer and the video card we are using is causing a boot error where the screen is just black and there is a solid underscore that is located to the upper left of the screen.

Specs
Cpu - intel i7 9700k
Mobo - z390-a pro
Ram - gskill ripjaw V series 16 gig ddr 4 2133
Gpu - GeForce gtx Titan z
Psu - evga 750 gt supernova

The computer boots up just fine with the on board graphics and it boots up with a GeForce gtx 680 but as soon as we plug in the Titan z it no longer boots.

Also we know the Titan z works because we tried it in the computer it used to be in and was in up until a month ago.

We also tried a different power supply that the Titan z had been used with before.

The mouse and keyboard also don’t get power when the Titan z is plugged in.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the GPU in the above listed specs? Also, you're advised to source a PSU with slightly more power than you need, meaning I'd have gotten an 850W unit for that entire build. What PSU was used to power the Titan Z in the other build? Are you sure the rams are DDR4-2133MHz and not something higher in frequency?

Hello

My friend is building a computer and the video card we are using is causing a boot error where the screen is just black and there is a solid underscore that is located to the upper left of the screen.

Specs
Cpu - intel i7 9700k
Mobo - z390-a pro
Ram - gskill ripjaw V series 16 gig ddr 4 2133
Gpu - GeForce gtx Titan z
Psu - evga 750 gt supernova

The computer boots up just fine with the on board graphics and it boots up with a GeForce gtx 680 but as soon as we plug in the Titan z it no longer boots.

Also we know the Titan z works because we tried it in the computer it used to be in and was in up until a month ago.

We also tried a different power supply that the Titan z had been used with before.

The mouse and keyboard also don’t get power when the Titan z is plugged in.
Could you plug the 680 on top pcie slot while using the titan z on 2nd pcie slot? and send a gpuz screenshot of the titan z (1st page)