GPU Causing crashing

Feb 6, 2019
Hi there guys,

I've been having an issue now for the past year or so and haven't been able to identify it. I'm still a bit confused about the actual root of the issue but I'll explain what's happening.

Basically my pc crashes at random intervals at random times. By crashing, I mean that no input can be done by mouse and keyboard, my RGB on these devices turns off, fans also turn off, but a display of the computer is still showing on my monitor but is obviously frozen.

Now for the weird part, this issue seems to occur less when my GPU (GTX 1060 6GB) is being heavily used, so when I run say a VR app in the background its crashes say every few hours instead of a couple of minutes

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Now, have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Are you on the latest drivers for your platform? Can you identify when the issue crops up?

Moved thread from Components to Systems.

Feb 6, 2019
CPU: i5-6500
Motherboard:Z170M-D3H
Ram: 8GB DDR5
SSD/HDD: Kingston SUV400
GPU:GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: Raider 550
Chassis: Coolmaste4

Yes all drivers are up to date. Issue can happen randomly, it does not happen after a certain action or after certain time interval, it is entirely random. My apologies for lack of previous specs, I dont spend too much time on the forum