GPU causing freezing/stuttering on all games

Jul 3, 2018
GTX 670
i5 7400
8gb RAM
650W PSU

Since I set up my new PC, and i have found every game to stutter or freeze constantly until it eventually crashes. This all happens within 10 minutes of smooth 60fps gameplay, finally discovered the GPU to be the source of the problem.

What could cause this other than overheating? While using MSI's AfterBurner (while playing Dark Souls 3) I discovered my max GPU temp was 71 degrees, but was coasting between 50 and 60 degrees for the most part. Although sometimes when the game would hard freeze, AfterBurner would crash itself, which is the sole reason that I think it might be a temp issue.
Could the GPU's BIOS possibly be corrupt? I have reinstalled my drivers a few times to see if that was the problem, but nothing changed.

Anything else that could cause a problem like this?

Jul 3, 2018
@Greeko85
Usually at most around 40-50 degrees at most, which is one of the reasons that lead me to the GPU being the issue. I have searched for what should be max CPU temps for my 7400 and they all seem to align around the 98 mark for temperature

It is unusual since the 670 from memory has a thermal limit in the high 90s and your psu should be ample unless it's a crap unit. (What is your specific model of psu btw?) When the game freezes is it crashing to the desktop or hard locking your system? Any error messages/codes/bsod?

Jul 3, 2018

Its a brand new Corsair VS650. It never crashes to desktop, some games I'm able to just close after it freezes without issue, some will hardlock my system and force me to have to restart/shut down from the menu after pressing ctrl-alt-del. One game in particular (WoW) will cause my system to stutter and freeze even after the game is closed, again forcing me to restart/shutdown my pc