[SOLVED] GPU causing freezing?

Xooot

Reputable
Jan 26, 2021
Hello,

This issue started around 2 weeks ago. My PC freezes randomly and haven't found any solutions to this.
Never had blue screen or overheating crashes. This just freezes my PC totally and I have to force shut down it.
This have happened 6 times in total, 3 of them have been after Pubg sessions, after shutting game down...10 minutes later PC has froze. Hard to tell how this happens, it happens usually when I am taking a smoke.

(26th, Jan)
Made a new point:
Under pressure (Tried GPU Stress test), not sure is it PSU or GPU making electric sound, hard to say what kind of sound, but like "iiiiii TSI iiii" then sometimes stops for 0.2-0.5 seconds and continues. This doens't happen while normal use.
Tried CPU/RAM Stress test, this noice didn't appear during that.

I've tried CPU / SSD / RAM stress tests, but they didn't cause any kind of crashes.
Drivers are up to date.
Tried changing RAM from 3000mhz to 2133mhz.

Specs:
CPU: Intel I7-8700k - 3.7ghz
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TI 8GB
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB 3200mhz
PSU: Cooler Master - MasterWatt Lite 700W

Last edited:
Solution
Hello,

This issue started around 2 weeks ago. My PC freezes randomly and haven't found any solutions to this.
Never had blue screen or overheating crashes. This just freezes my PC totally and I have to force shut down it.
This have happened 6 times in total, 3 of them have been after Pubg sessions, after shutting game down...10 minutes later PC has froze. Hard to tell how this happens, it happens usually when I am taking a smoke.

I've tried CPU / SSD / RAM stress tests, but they didn't cause any kind of crashes.
Drivers are up to date.

Specs:

After you end a game session open up Task Manager...
Hello,

Drivers are up to date.

Specs:

After you end a game session open up Task Manager and have the Process tab open and sorted by CPU use...you might get lucky and have the screen freeze showing what the system is running when it happens.

Solution

Xooot

Reputable
Jan 26, 2021
@dorsai @Djoza
Little add to this issue:
Couple days ago when I was playing Pubg, my 2nd screen shutted itself down for 2-5 seconds randomly, this issue never happened before.
2nd screen is pretty new and it's plugged in to GPU.

Xooot

Reputable
Jan 26, 2021
Try dropping the power limit on the gpu to 50%.

You should include the make and model of the psu.
Added PSU model to thread, thank you.

Made a new point:
Under pressure (Tried GPU Stress test), not sure is it PSU or GPU making electric sound, hard to say what kind of sound, but like "iiiiii" then sometimes stops for 0.2-0.5 seconds and continues. This doens't happen while normal use.